One of the most critical skill that you can have as a software developer is the ability to learn quickly. In this workshop I will walk you through a 10 step process that you can use to learn any technical topic quickly.
• Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount resources on a given topic?
• Do you read a book cover to cover?
• How do you evaluate a given book for your learning objectives?
• How do you get most out of a book without reading the entire book?
• Are you getting stuck with : Where do I start?
• How do you consume least amount of content to learn quickly?
• Do you find what you are learning very difficult?
The process and techniques covered in this workshop will answer these questions. You will know how to apply the 80/20 principle to learn anything quickly. You will become an active learner who knows how to engage with your learning resources for your needs.
What to Bring
You must have at least one or two topics that you want to learn. Bring a notebook to work through each step for your own learning project. You also need a laptop to search online for some of the steps.
First 20 Hours : How to learn anything fast! by Josh Kaufman
Peak Learning by Ronald Gross
10 Steps to Learning Anything Quickly by John Sonmez