What we’re about
What we’re about
Our group focuses on anything that is relevant for Polyglot Developers in Singapore. Our group is committed to creating a positive and inclusive community where members can connect, learn, and share their experiences.
We used to be called SingaJUG and used to be a Java User Group. In 2023, we have decided to open up to anything that would be relevant to polyglot developers in Singapore.
Code of Conduct
1. Respect and Inclusion:
- Treat all members with respect, regardless of their background, identity, or opinions.
- Be inclusive and welcoming to newcomers.
- Avoid offensive language, discrimination, or harassment of any kind.
2. Responsible Conduct:
- Be responsible for your actions and words during meetup events and in online discussions.
- Do not engage in disruptive or harmful behavior that may disrupt the group's activities or harm its members.
3. Privacy and Consent:
- Respect the privacy and consent of other members. Do not share personal information without permission.
- Photos/Videos may be taken during meetup events. By attending an event, you consent to the possibility of being photographed. If you have concerns about being photographed, please inform the event organizers.
4. Social Media Engagement:
- When posting about our meetup events or related content on social media, we kindly request that you include our group's name and tag in your posts. This helps promote our community and ensures others can easily find and join us.
5. Constructive Feedback:
- Provide constructive feedback when necessary but do so in a respectful and considerate manner. Publicly criticizing or shaming others is not allowed.
6. Reporting Concerns:
- If you witness or experience behavior that violates this code of conduct, please report it to the group organizers or moderators immediately.
- We will take appropriate action to address any reported issues and maintain a safe and respectful environment.
7. Adherence to Platform Rules:
- When using online platforms or social media for meetup-related activities, adhere to the platform's terms of service and guidelines.
8. Attendee Responsibilities:
- Attend events you RSVP for, or update your RSVP in a timely manner if your plans change.
- Be punctual and considerate of the event's schedule and other attendees.
9. Inactive users:
- We are trying to make sure the majority of our members are active users. Users who have not been active for one year or more will be removed from the group. They are welcome to rejoin anytime.
10. Continuous Improvement:
- We encourage open dialogue and suggestions for improving our group and events. Your feedback is valuable in making our community better.
By participating in our Meetup group, you agree to abide by this code of conduct. Failure to do so may result in removal from the group or other appropriate actions.
Let's work together to create a positive and welcoming community for all members.
Looking to speak at our group/support us by sponsoring , please reach to us by dropping mail at email@example.com