The Museum of the City of NY will have two very cool exhibits up that are ideal for drawing: Mac Conner (classic '60s advertising illustrations) and Jeff Chien-Hsing Liao (photographs of NY). We'll meet up in the lobby at 11:00.
Suggested admission to the museum is $10. Seniors and students are $6. Dry media only!
We'll meet together in the lobby. Then we'll move together to a gallery, sketch, take a look at our work, and then do it again in another gallery.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at[masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pencil, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you - as long as it is easily portable in the galleries and not overly messy. Most museums frown upon paint.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
• The event will last three hours.
• Everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
How does the Wait List work? If the event is full, rsvp to be added to the Wait List. If someone from the regular list cancels, the first person on the Wait List is automatically bumped up to the attending list.
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.