Have you ever been to the New York Historical Society? Why not take a look at all their great stuff - and sketch it too! They currently have a beautiful room of Hudson River School paintings. We'll sketch there and also upstairs in the halls of their vast permanent collection.
The museum is located on Central Park West between 76th and 77th. We'll meet in the lobby at 11:00. The Meetup is free except for admission, which is $15. If you're lost, call me at[masked]-9816.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? It's because we like to share our work, and talk, and enjoy the sights. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a half hour or so and then share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc.
- This time, please don't bring any media that are too messy. They won't allow watercolors, for example. A sketchpad and pencil are good.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event usually lasts three hours, but is not rigid.
- Everyone at all skill levels is welcome! Feel free to bring a friend as well!
Looking forward to sketching with you!