What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
ADVENTURE LEVEL 1 on a scale of 1 to 5
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION
ALERT: This ride is partially on roads.
CHALLENGES: No climbs but a fair amount of gravel
Ride Name: Windsor CA & Pelee Island 4-Day Bike Tour
Rating: Intermediate due to a 60 mile day
Distance: 35, 28, 60, & 33-ish Miles
Ride Type: Tour. Loop with some out-n-backs
This is Not a for-profit ride.
It is an invitation to all Spinoffs to join Triker Mike and Triker Greg on a 4-day tour of Windsor CA & Pelee Island. However, there ARE costs and the group is limited to EIGHT (8) total, so first come, first serve.
• You must have a valid passport
• You will have to carry all your clothing, toiletries, snacks, etc. on your bike.
• We will ride on trails, gravel roads, and paved roads. Most roads are low to no traffic. We will do our best to stay off of larger, busy roads. For the only really busy stretch, there are sidewalks and we can take a shortcut through a parking lot.
• For the lowest lodging costs, partner up with someone for double occupancy.
• HELMETS REQUIRED! And lights recommended for sections on roads.
Ride Leaders: Greg Veal and Mike Putinski
Please Note: If you're running late, please LET GREG KNOW!
Cost for 3 nights lodging could be $150 to $250 but probably on the lower side, depending on number of riders and double occupancy. Parking is $12.50/Day. Ferry fare is $22.50 round trip. Food, and miscellaneous expenses are on your own.
• Night 1: Leamington: For the first night, you make your own reservation, (I am arranging for nights 2 & 3 based on number of riders.)
The Triker Duo is staying at Days Inn by Wyndham Leamington, but there are many other options. Leamington is a small town, so we won't be too far apart. But it is a tourist area, so don't delay. January is not too early to book something.
• Night 2: Pelee Island: Westview Motel & Cottages is very close to the Ferry dock. I will arrange appropriate lodging in rooms or cottages based on the number of riders and bunkmates.
A full itinerary will be given to all confirmed riders.
Day 1: Drive to Windsor airport, park and meet up.
Ride to Leamington (35 mi)
Day 2: Ferry to Pelee Island, ride a loop around the island (28 mi)
Day 3: (60Mi) Ferry back to Leamington, ride through Point Pelee National Park. Then ride through wine country to Amherstburg.
Day 4: (33 Mi) Ride to Route 42 Cafe for lunch (2 miles from the airport). Then back to the Airport after lunch and depart for home .
TO SECURE A SPOT ON THIS TOUR:
- First, arrange lodging for yourself in Leamington, ON. (Make sure it is fully refundable, just in case)
The Triker Duo is staying at Days Inn by Wyndham Leamington, but there are many other options.
- After you have booked lodging for Leamington, RSVP to this event.
- Get me a non-refundable $100 per person deposit for two nights lodging. Paypal or Zelle to [masked]. Or get cash or check in my hands. When I receive your deposit, you are booked.
(We will settle up the difference later.)
- Send me an email ([masked]) telling me to look for your money.
- I will probably set up a Facebook group or event, so, if you are on Facebook, friend me (Triker Greg), or if we are friends already, message me.
DISCLAIMER: By RSVPing to and attending this Spin-off Cyclists Bicycle Club event, I acknowledge that I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE to the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK INDEMNITY AGREEMENT at:
I further agree that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.