Learn the basics of C#'s Language-Integrated Queries (LINQ), with a focus on LINQ-to-SQL
Who is this for?
• Beginners and anyone interested in learning the basics of LINQ
• C# Developers looking to gain a more thorough understanding of LINQ
• All developers looking to see how C# handles query integration
We will be building the back-end for a video game rental service website in ASP.NET Core. We will use Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and LinqPad to explore the fundamentals (and intricacies) of writing declarative code in an imperative language.
• Laptop that is WiFi capable. A Windows machine is recommended, but the instructor will assist Mac users as much as possible. Linux- you're on your own.
• Access to a command line utility
• Xcode at least version 9.0 (necessary if using Mac)
• Code editor (Visual Studio recommended)
• SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio
• Web browser
• Somewhat recent versions of Node and npm installed
*Unavailable for Mac, RoslynPad may serve as a viable alternative
• What is LINQ?
• Why do people use LINQ?
• Build a basic video game rental service's website
• Explore the intricacies of Language-Integrated Queries
Feel free to pack dinner or drinks as well! Don't code hangry.
Angel Murchison is a software developer at ProForma. He is a graduate of The Iron Yard. He resides in Tampa, FL with his dog Leo. Aside from coding and technology, his passions center around games, culture, and politics.
More about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply