Join our CTO, Gavin Stark, and our Campus Director, Katherine Trammell for a Ruby on the Web crash course and learn more about Suncoast Developers Guild.
We'll do a hands-on workshop where we'll do some actual coding together.
- Basic Ruby language familiarity
- A laptop that is WiFi capable. Laptops are required to complete the course. However, if you do not have one and would simply like to attend as an observer, you're certainly welcomed to sign up and you'll still learn a lot!
- If your laptop already has a recent version of Ruby (2.4 or later) you can follow along locally
- If your laptop does not have Ruby installed, we will be using an online Ruby environment that does not require you to install anything locally
- Basic Ruby Review
- Ruby's history of web support
- Ruby's built-in support
- Ruby's web related libraries (gems)
- Some overview of Sintra
- Some overview of Rails on the web
- Let's build the "Number Guesser" from the Intro to Ruby course, but on the web!
Feel free to pack dinner or drinks as well! Don't code hangry.
Learn more about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply