Join us for a Crash Courses about XAML and Xamarin.Forms, we are excited to host Taylor Dunworth as she walks us through the basics of mobile app development using XAML and Xamarin.Forms!
We’ll be talking through the basics of mobile app development using XAML and Xamarin.Forms, the benefits of Xamarin.Forms and its shared code for both Android and iOS, and the process of building out a simple mobile app.
This Crash Course is Intended to be a listen and learn event, but if attendee already has mobile dev requirements on their computer (Xcode, Android SDK, Java SDK, and Visual Studio) installed, then they are welcome to code along during the last portion of the crash course
- Do attendees need to bring a laptop? No
- Do attendees need to have certain programs? No, unless they intend to code along, which is not intended. If so, Xcode, Android SDK, Java SDK, and Visual Studio will be necessary. I will not be spending time helping with the setup of those though.
- Do attendees need previous experience? How much? Basic C# understanding is helpful but not required
- What are XAML and Xamarin.Forms?
- Why Xamarin.Forms compared to other languages (React Native, Java, Swift, etc.)?
- Key differences between mobile app development and web development
- The structure of a Xamarin.Forms project
- Page Types
- Using XAML with Xamarin.Forms
- Using C# for UI development
- Data Binding with Xamarin.Forms
- Custom Renderers
- Reviewing a Basic App
About The Instructor:
Taylor is a graduate from The Iron Yard, community supporter and is currently a UX/UI Engineer at Presence. She is a designer and developer of user interfaces and experiences along with a Pokémon GO enthusiast!
Feel free to pack dinner or drinks!
Learn more about the Academy at Suncoast Developers Guild at https://suncoast.io/academy
CODE WITH US!
Apply at https://suncoast.io/academy/apply