What we're about
Welcome to Tampa Volunteers. I created this new group to share fun and social volunteering opportunities that I have discovered in the Tampa Bay area. I hope to meet people who love volunteering and socializing.
I hope to add 3-4 events per month to this meetup. The nature of the service will vary depending on the need of the organization that is looking for volunteering. This group is not associated with any specific organization, instead the goal is to help the organizations that the members of this group feel inclined towards.
- Respect the RSVP! This is very important for this group. If you are not sure, you can attend an event please do not respond to it as going or change or your status to not going if already RSVP'd. The event organizers depend on an accurate number of volunteers to run their events and a no show can affect their event in a serious manner.
- To RSVP for events, it is often required to provide your full name, contact or other information. This information is requested by the event organizers to sign up volunteers for their event. Please provide that information by messaging the event host in private or in the sign up prompt.
- The organizers of Tampa Volunteers are not liable for any damage to any volunteers or to anything at the event. Tampa Volunteers' sole focus is connecting volunteers to events that need volunteers. Tampa Volunteers does not take responsibility for the event or the volunteers.
- Feedback is very much appreciated! This is my first time organizing a meetup, and your feedback will make me and this group better. If you have suggestions regarding an event, an idea on how to improve event description and titles, or group questionnaires. All of that feedback is helpful.
- Reach out to me directly, if you would like to organize events for this meetup. I would love to have more people helping me with organizing the meetup. The more the merrier!