Excited to announce first event for the summer and its on blockchain! (again considering the demand)
Here is what Gartner predicts about blockchain:
· By 2022, at least one innovative business built on blockchain technology will be worth $10 billion.
· By 2030, 30% of the global customer base will be made up of things, and those things will use blockchain as a foundational technology with which to conduct commercial activity.
· By 2025, the business value added by blockchain will grow to slightly over $176 billion, then surge to exceed $3.1 trillion by 2030
Thats all good but how?
Well, to understand the impact of blockchain you need to understand the basics first which is essentially what we will do in this session.
Interestingly, we did two sessions on Blockchain already this year and response was full house each time and I’m still getting request for more. However, like to target different audience. This session is specifically for developers. We will be using Ethereum mainly for demos but no prior experience of programming against any blockchain is needed. As long as curly braces does not scare you and working with terminal window feels like home you should be fine!
Couple of key take away items:
1. Learn basics of blockchain. What exactly is a block? How blocks are created?
2. Understanding transactions.
3. Learn what are smart contracts and how to write them in solidity.
4. Demos (mostly based on Ethereum but will talk about other chains too as its important to understand the overall landscape)
• 6:30 PM – 6:45 PM EST: Networking/Social
• 6:45 PM – 8:30 PM EST: Blockchain 101
• 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM EST: Q/A
PLEASE READ THE NOTE ON SECURITY
To gain entry you'll need to RSVP at least two days before the event with your FIRST NAME & LAST NAME in order to get past the security. They will not able to grant access otherwiseL NAME. Since meetup.com does not mandate use of real names if you have a profile which does not reflect your real name please comment below with your first & last name.
Talks will begin shortly after 6:30PM. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Founder/Leader - MSCloud User Group