This event is organized by Access Silicon Valley.
Our meetup group is collaborating by promoting this event.
This is event is a livestreamed event.
This event is FREE to attend!
In order to attend, you must register here:
Register Here for LIVE STREAM EVENT
A "Yes" RSVP on our meetup site does not confirm your reservation.
LIVESTREAM FROM SILICON VALLEY - Includes breakout room networking (optional 5:30- 6:00 PM), deep-dive workshop, and digital workbook. Space is limited. Reserve your space now.
This is the first workshop in a series of three sessions for startup founders, startup executives, entrepreneurs, innovators and developers. This series is designed to optimize your startup stardom journey all but ensuring you avoid common follies that threaten startup success.
This series teaches how to startup right, the first time, from formation to exit based on the hands-on lessons of globally-renowned startup attorney, Roger Rappoport.
If you are looking to build a successful, fundable startup that is based on a sound financial model and is ready to be pitched to investors in Silicon Valley, you won’t want to miss this workshop!
Space is limited so reserve you space now.
A comprehensive 50-page digital workbook with an actionable step-by-step guide will be distributed to all registered event attendees the day of the webinar.
Besides building and selling a product, entrepreneurs need to worry about many other things:
- How to form a company
- How to hire the right people
- How to compensate the team
- How to split the pie with the co-founders and the team members
- How much equity to give investors and at what valuation
- How to raise money and under what terms
- And much more!
Oftentimes these issues seem overwhelming, and traps for the unwary or uninformed are numerous.
However, successfully avoiding the most common pitfalls can make a significant difference:
- as to whether or not your startup is fundable
- the sources and types of capital that you will attract
- who controls the company
- how much you will make upon exit
- and your startups overall likelihood of success.
In this first segment of the Startup Fundamentals series, Roger Rappoport, a partner and leader of Emerging Growth & Venture Capital Practice Group at Procopio, an AMLAW 200 law firm in Silicon Valley, will conduct an interactive, informative session with great take away materials and actionable items.
Startup issues that will be covered in this workshop (among others):
- choices in entity selection
- creating an appropriate capitalization table
- co-founders vs early employees (should they be treated differently?)
- appropriate allocations of founders’ stock (including Series FF Preferred Stock) between founders and vesting on Founders’ shares,
- repurchase rights and rights of first refusal
- determining if and when it is appropriate to obtain proxies from co-founders/early employees
- stock allocation for employees, consultants, board and advisory board members,
- the perils of Section 409A under the Internal Revenue Code
- granting options when milestone-based vesting, as opposed to time-based vesting, is appropriate
- the assignment of intellectual property and ensuring that all IP created belongs to the company
- executing employment/consulting agreements and
- the value of developing an intellectual property strategy early on.
AGENDA: (California, Pacific time)
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Optional digital networking via breakout rooms
6:00 PM - 6:15 PM - Speaker and sponsor introductions
6:15 PM - 7:30 PM - Startup workshop Part A
7:30 PM - 7:45 PM - Intermission
7:45 PM -8:45: PM - Startup workshop Part B
8:45 PM - 9:00 PM - Audience Q & A
SEATS ARE LIMITED, RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW HERE:
Register Here for LIVE STREAM EVENT
REGISTERING ON MEETUP IS NOT ENOUGH TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT. YOU MUST REGISTER VIA THE ABOVE LINK TO RECEIVE THE EVENT LOGIN LINK*
LIVESTREAM EVENT FROM SILICON VALLEY - Seats are limited and these events sell out. Don't wait.
Follow in IG @accesssiliconvalley @startupfun123