"Everything is interesting !" We propose to reignite your curiosity and your capacity to awe. They are the very first steps towards Creativity and lead to Optimism.
So, basically, we are trying to make magic happen :)
WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT: EXPLORERS !
The Curious and The Optimist aims at:
• Creating a nurturing, inspiring and supportive community for curious & optimists. Nope, you're not alone, come and join!
• Via events & workshops providing occasions to meet and have in depth, meaningful and mindful conversations and thinking on topics and issues varying from societal (citizen & citizenship, peace ...) to individual
• Mindful actions to start shifting things (because the actual system needs a refit, do we agree on that? ;)
• Having social gatherings around "lighter" topics (sports, drinks, food etc..) to cultivate or ignite our curiosity
• Last but not least : Developing an entrepreneurial mindset & skills (whether or not your are an entrepreneur) and 21st century soft skills
Some of the Meetups will be free, others will have a fee (usually the ones involving training or workshops), this will be clearly shown in the event post.
WHAT THIS GROUP IS NOT ABOUT: -Tourism for tourism: If we go to a new place that is with a purpose and exercices. ==> We love to visit new cities and new places but that's not the purpose of this group... However, if you haven't read this sentence and got lost, we'll welcome you!
Engaging with the group : - We are passionate about people and make our possible to avoid being judgmental, we invite other people in the group to welcome their differences and try to turn them around. (that said we are human ;) - The activity of the group is mainly based on organised activities (workshops,..). Therefore the accuracy of your engagement (re RSVP for the least) is crucial for the atmosphere of the activities wether the fun, the conversations, the organisation... YOU (yes YOU) make the things & the change happen.
Location: The activities are based in Lisboa / Lisboa area (Portugal)
The main language for the group will be English but we expect to have an international crowd. If you feel more confortable in another language, jump in..there will certainly be someone to help. (French & Spanish already covered. Portuguese should not be a problem either).
Before you go, OR YOU JOIN ;), enjoy this awesome video about AWE & INSPIRATION