What we're about
Established in 2009 using Facebook as the platform, we have players from all around the world. We use good quality feather shuttlecocks. We limit the number of players for each session to avoid overcrowding. We welcome players of all levels. Our aim is to provide a platform for everyone, who shares the passion for badminton, to come together. So everyone can now enjoy badminton...
• If you are a fresh player or beginner, we can teach and guide you;
• If you've played for a few years already but still don't feel confident, we can help you improve and get to the next level;
• If you are a highly skilful, advanced player, we can certainly challenge you in competitive games.
There are dedicated sessions on Thursday and Saturday 3-5pm for intermediate/advance players only (league or county players). Low intermediate players might be required to play in separate courts during these sessions. Other sessions are generally mixed, depending on the attendees. Complete beginners are required to attend our training sessions first before joining the normal games-only sessions.
Weekly club sessions are:
1) Mondays, 8-10pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 2 courts,
2) Thursdays, 8-10pm (2 hours), Workhouse Poplar, 1 court,
3) Fridays, 8-10pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 3 courts,
4) Saturdays*, 1-3pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 4 courts,
5) Saturdays*, 3-5pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 4 courts,
6) Sundays, 11am-1pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 3 courts.
* Members can choose to attend 4 hours on Saturday, 1-5pm for £12 only.
Please bring your own racket. If required, racket is available for hire at a small fee of £2. Please contact Brian Ng if you need one.
The club provides training and coaching sessions to players looking to learn the right techniques or improve their game play. Maximum 6 players per session to ensure everyone gets the attention in a small group.
1) Beginners or advanced beginners - Saturdays, 1-3pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 1 court,
2) Intermediate - Saturdays, 3-5pm (2 hours), Bacon's College, 1 court.
Dedicated 1-to-1 session and block training sessions can be arranged, outside club sessions. Please contact Brian Ng for more information.
Fees: £7 per person for a 2-hour session (£8 for Thursday's session) or £12 for 4 hours on Saturday. £16 per person for a group coaching/training session.
We operate on a reimbursement policy. Any no-show or late cancellation (less than 24 hours before the session) will be required to reimburse the session fee (no exception). If you sign up on the waiting list, please check your booking status regularly as you will be automatically given a place when a space becomes available (without your knowledge), which you will be liable for. Please always update your booking status (even on waiting list) if you can no longer attend so that your space can be released to someone else.
The club also offers racket restringing service and sale of feather shuttlecocks. Please contact Brian Ng for more information.
There is a social side to our club, with regular social gathering and fun activities organised for members. We also have our own badminton tournament every year. Go to http://www.londonbadminton.weebly.com or search us on Facebook.
Please stretch and warm up properly before and after our session to prevent injury. We are a social group, not insured and are not liable for any injury or loss that you may suffer as a result of your participation at any of our sessions (games sessions and training/coaching sessions).
There is a standard Meetup setting where your profile may show ‘unpaid’ status even though you have paid. If so, please ignore this standard setting. The main point is as long as you have paid your session fee, that’s fine.
We want every member to have a good experience every time and continue playing with the club. If you have any feedback about LCWBC (positives and negatives) or any suggestion, please complete a short survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z8WNZG6