In another of our exclusive collaborations, we're very honoured to have Okada Yoshiko sensei, founder of Okada Coffee & Sweets, to personally conduct a Japanese hand drip coffee workshop for us! For those in the know, Okada Coffee & Sweets hails from Kumamoto prefecture in Japan and is especially well known for producing speciality coffee. They, for one, truly embodies the spirit of 'handcrafting', by roasting their coffee beans in-store and preparing every cup of coffee with professionally trained baristas.
If anyone knows coffee well, it's Okada sensei, who also happens to be the sensei of Japan's 2017 Hand Drip Championship champion Kubota Yohei. Honestly, you can't reach more expert level than this. Check out Yohei-san's winning performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ird4ewLElrk
So in celebration of their new store in the chic Joo Chiat area, Okada sensei is emerging from behind the scenes to immerse coffee lovers in a hands-on hand drip coffee workshop!
- Upon arrival, attendees will first enjoy Okada Coffee's signature Maccha Warabi Mochi set - in all its Japanese tradition.
- Next, Okada sensei will demonstrate to us how professional hand drip coffee is done, followed up a guided hands-on session for all attendees!
- After a fun session, we'll all enjoy an exclusive Pillow Cake set while we revel in our own hand dripped coffee, rounding out an afternoon of pleasure with fellow coffee (and dessert) lovers.
- BONUS: check out their in house coffee roasting machine to discover how they've been serving amazing coffee over the years!
If you're up for this exclusive session, just:
1. RSVP 'Yes'.
2. Make a transfer of $19 to POSB savings a/c[masked] by 23 February, Friday, 2359h. This fee includes: a demonstration of hand drip coffee making by Okada sensei, hand dripping your own coffee!, a Maccha Warabi Mochi set, and a Pillow Cake set!
3. Notify Miyavi @[masked] of your meetup name, time and mode of transfer.
4. Meet up with everyone at Okada Coffee & Sweets on the actual day! :D
Feel free to ask any questions you have in the comments section here.