This group is for intermediate level doubles volleyball players. We promote competitive and positive play while having fun!
When and Where
Mondays and Wednesdays from ~6PM to 8PM, weather permitting
Our usual venues are North Cary Park and Green Hope Elementary School Park (both in Cary).
B Level players should be able to play doubles at an intermediate level. If you're not sure if you're there yet, you may wish to first try out our recreational sister group, Triangle Sand Volleyball Club-Recreational (http://www.meetup.com/tsvc-rec).
Dues pay for the cost of operating the Meetup group and reserving courts. If funds are insufficient to cover costs, a pay-per-play fee ($5) will be assessed. If there are excess funds, they may be used to build a buffer for the next year or to cover the cost of purchasing club-owned volleyballs.
Rules, Conduct, and Expected Skills
This group is intended for solid 3-hit plays. Each player should be responsible for self calls, their own team's illegal contact or that of their opponents.
Members may offer each other constructive criticism but we expect members to "read the room." Criticism, no matter how well intended, is not always welcome and we want all our members to have fun.
• If you RSVP Yes, you are committing to at least 2 hours of play. If you will be more than 30 minutes late, please remove your name from the roster if there is a wait list.
• No walk-ons will be allowed.
• If your plans change, be sure to update your RSVP as soon as possible or if you can't update it, please notify the event organizer.
• TWO no-shows may result in being removed from the group.
• Please monitor your own RSVPs (in case you are promoted from the waiting list). No Shows will be marked!
• Guests who can play doubles are welcomed. (RSVP +1)
• If you're a member of multiple volleyball Meetup groups, double dipping is not allowed: Do not RSVP for more than one group for the same day/time.
Play at your own risk! We're not a team or a league or an organization of any sort and we don't have insurance, or a reserved spot for us to play. We are just players getting together for competitive volleyball and no liability is assumed for anything. By joining this Meetup, or continuing as a member of this Meetup, you agree to hold the organizers harmless for any injuries, or liabilities of any kind.
Questions? Please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for interest in this group and hope to see you on the volleyball court!