Here at UK Trance Society we aim to unite fans of Trance music from across the UK, to make this the best community it can be for meet ups, discussions and to make new friends.
Have a look at our upcoming events and RSVP as we would love to meet you. After you have attended at least three Meetup events and everyone is happy you can be added to the UKTS Whatsapp groups. We have two running, one for Trance events and another for everything else! There will be social gatherings, member’s parties, competitions, birthday celebrations and also discounted event tickets.
IMPORTANT POINTS BEFORE JOINING: 1. UKTS is about bringing people together through music, so please treat your fellow Trancers with love and respect. No form of abuse, racism, threatening, harassment or other such misbehaviour will be tolerated.
2. You must have a have a clear profile picture so we know who you are and who to look for at events. Profiles with pictures where the face is not completely visible (or that have sunglasses etc) will be ignored.
3. Spam, references to drugs or any other inappropriate posts will be removed and a ban will be enforced.
4. Pre meets - We are a close knit group and for us to maintain this we are encouraging people to attend the pre meets. If at any point you are unable to attend the pre meet kindly update your RSVP to let our hosts know as we wouldn’t want them and everyone else waiting for you. We value our host’s time and so should you. Main event - If you are only able to attend the main event that's absolutely fine - don't forget to RSVP so we know to keep a look out for you!
5. We will remove any members who (repeatedly) RSVP and then fail to show up to pre meets/main events. We may also do the same for members who have been inactive for over six months. We take great pride in having an active group rather than a high member count.
UKTS MANAGEMENT: We have developed a management team to oversee the affairs and to ensure the smooth running of the society:
Leader & Founder - Hon-Wai Pang (Hon) Co-Leader - Scott Archer Meetup Organisers - Ann Browne & Sebastiaan Zijl Events & Society Admin - Beatrix Hegedus
If you experience any issues or problems then feel free to contact any one of us and we will be happy to help.
HOST TASKS: If you agree to host an event and be the main point of contact, you must carry out the following tasks:
1. Find a suitable meet up location, preferably somewhere nice and quiet (if viable) along with a set time of when the group will be moving on to the venue and a set time for a group photo. 2. Create a Whatsapp chat one to two days before the event and post the link on the meetup page. 3. Arrive on time to the pre meet – if you are running late please let people know. 4. Introduce yourself and new arrivals to members at the pre meet (and main event when possible) be friendly and accessible. Keep track of where the group are and check the Whatsapp chat at least once an hour. 5. We encourage members to provide feedback on their hosts so we can acknowledge what we are doing right and what we need to improve.