What we're about
Welcome to Utah Outdoors!
Utah Outdoors is an outdoor community of 7,300+ members in Utah. Founded in 2012, we have been working on expanding our group so that we can provide greater opportunities for adventure. Our leadership and those who lead our events are all volunteers who are passionate about helping others find ways to get outdoors. We strongly believe that getting outdoors often is beneficial to our well being.
• To explore the canyons, deserts and mountains of Utah and the neighboring states.
• To bring together those who share our love of the outdoors and to encourage others to build strong friendships.
• To create a community that will help fulfill the above purposes.
• Adventure: We are driven to explore new places. We accept challenge and work to expand our limits.
• Community: We believe that everyone should be given a chance. We believe in building strong friendships and helping each other.
• Education: We share our knowledge with others to help them achieve their goals.
• Responsibility: We believe in doing the right thing. We hold others accountable for their actions. We protect each other and we speak out when we see something that is not right.
We want everyone to be able to experience all that the outdoors has to offer in Utah. It does cost money to run this Meetup group, but we do not have any mandatory dues or fees. We hope that if you enjoy our group that you will find a way to chip in, you can do this by leading hikes, helping others or by making a donation.