What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Words are powerful, inviting people into a thought-provoking conversation. But words can also alienate and make people feel “othered”. Users who can’t see themselves represented in a digital product or experience may lose access to a valuable resource.
We are excited to host two experts in the inclusive language and design space:
- Lydia Hooper, Senior UX Designer/Researcher at Agile Six: “Creating Belonging by Honoring Context.”
- Lauren Pool, Public Programs Manager for the Arizona Science Center: “The Adventure of Learning What We Don’t Know”
You’ll have the chance to learn how principles of inclusive writing can be applied to corporate and academic environments alike. Our speakers in part 2 of our UX Writing and Content Series will discuss:
- What it means to write with inclusive language.
- How to use inclusive language to create an impact for all users.
- Examples of how words can shape user experiences.
Feel free to bring any questions you may have about equity in writing to share with our presenters.
Come learn about the power of writing for ALL users - not just users who fit the dominant culture. This event will include automated transcriptions and all registered attendees will receive a recording of the event afterwards.