A get together for UX folk and other Akron/Kent/Cleveland/Youngstown area techies with kids (or without) who would like to have some adult chatter while the kids play. Spouses can be in the same place at the same time and kids can find new friends. :)
Patterson's Fruit Farm is well worth the drive. They have endless fun for kids of all ages. http://www.pattersonfarm.com/
When you arrive, park and get your tickets ($8.00 per person). There is a horse driven hay ride up the hill (11:00 am to 4:00 pm) to get to the main activities (you can walk). Call Carol (330)[masked] after you get on the hay ride and I'll meet you near the hay barn.
Stop by any time during the afternoon. I will update the MeetUp if the weather is too ugly and we'll try to reschedule later in the month.
For future reference here were the other ideas:
- Fun N' Stuff amusement park http://www.fun-n-stuff.com/
- Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky http://www.kalahariresorts.com/ohio
- Bowling at AMF Riviera Lanes in Fairlawn
- Cleveland Children's Museum http://www.clevelandchildrensmuseum.org/
- Pottery painting at All Fired Up in Fairlawn http://www.allfiredupakron.com/
- Romp N' Stomp http://www.rompnstompcenter.net/
- Akron or Cleveland Zoo (weather dependent)
- Playground and/or walking path (weather dependent)
- Lock 3 Ice Rink/sledding (weather dependent)