What we’re about
Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.\
This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.\
Typical startup event topics include:\
• Coming up with a strong startup idea\
• Startup legal basics\
• How to pitch your startup\
• Starting a company without quitting your day job\
• How to raise funding for your startup\
• And much more!\
Join the group to be invited to our next event!
Upcoming events (4)See all
- The Future of Managing Startup Finance with AI & AutomationLink visible for attendees
AI and automation has the capability to make lives easier for startups managing their finances. At this live interactive webinar, our guest speaker, Kern Eaker from BILL, will discuss the latest financial management strategies startups can use to efficiently manage their cashflow, burn rate, and more. Learn about the newest tools, technologies, and tactics innovative finance managers and startup founders are using to ensure the long term financial health of their companies. Afterwards, don't forget to join us for an engaging networking session with other startup founders interested in improving their financial acumen.
- This event is co-hosted by Bill.com.
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates back-office financial processes for small and mid-sized businesses. Our customers come from all industries, ranging from startups to established brands and nonprofits to franchises.
❯ Who is this event for:
- Startup founders and CFOs
- Accountants, financial managers, and controllers
- Anyone interested in better managing their company’s finances
❯ What You’ll Learn:
Insights from BILL’s 2024 Corporate Controller Outlook Report
Top financial management trends expected in 2024
How to leverage automation for better financial health and improving efficiency
- Kern Eaker - Senior Sales Engineer @ Bill.com: Kern is a Senior Sales Engineer at BILL where he helps prospective customers understand BILL’s value as a financial platform. He loves working with small and medium-sized businesses to help them streamline and optimize financial processing. His career began in public accounting with KPMG working with banking and higher education clients. After KPMG he joined Harvard University in a variety of roles including working on the University’s ERP implementation of Oracle. Other software companies Kern has worked for include SAP, Oracle NetSuite, and most recently, Sage Intacct.
❯❯ This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17226 to receive the Zoom URL.
- How to Turn Your Startup Vision into Reality: Lessons from Startup FoundersLink visible for attendees
Do you want to start your own technology company, but don't know where to begin? You are not alone. Join us to dive into the complete startup journey with our speakers as they take you from ideation to a thriving business. Gain insights into the crucial steps, personal anecdotes, lessons learned, and strategies for overcoming challenges. Discover valuable advice directly from seasoned entrepreneurs.
❯ Featured Speakers:
- Elitza Stoilova - CEO of Umni, a no-code AI chatbot platform. With over 20 years in hospitality and tourism, she co-founded Umni to automate routine tasks and improve customer service. Umni achieved recognition as a finalist on BloombergTV Bulgaria's "The Daring" and won the UNWTO Global Startup competition. Elitza is an expert in digitalizing SMEs, teaches AI chatbot courses, and is actively involved in organizations like SKAL Sofia and Rotary Bulgaria.
- Olga Filipova - CEO of Workademy, an e-learning platform for companies' internal training and development programs. Olga is a Ukraine-born software engineer with 15+ years' experience, co-founded Workademy and champions pro-Ukraine causes. Holding a master's from Coimbra University, she played key roles in startups like Feedzai and co-founded EdEra. Olga is also a published author of three tech books.
- Liza Rodewald- CEO of Instant Teams, a tech-driven talent marketplace, creating employment solutions for companies and remote careers for military spouses. She is a 4x entrepreneur and software engineer with 16+ years of experience, specializes in multi-million dollar enterprise software for government and healthcare. She a computer science graduate with honors from the University of South Alabama, is a top 3% Founder Institute alum, Blue Startups Accelerator graduate, Top 25 SheEO, and published Forbes author. Liza is also a mentor for female founders and a member of the Young Entrepreneurs Council.
❯ Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who dreams of launching their own company
- Anyone with a startup idea and is too scared to start
- Anyone curious about being an entrepreneur someday
❯ What Are Some of the Topics?
- Insights from panelists' personal experiences and lessons
- valuable advice from aspiring entrepreneurs
❯❯ This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17244 to receive the Zoom URL.
- Why Corporate Innovation Is Failing: Rethinking Strategies for SuccessLink visible for attendees
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, the effectiveness of corporate innovation programs are declining across large organizations (globally). This insightful webinar will explore the underlying reasons, dissect these challenges, and provide actionable suggestions on crafting innovative, future-proof playbooks. This webinar will be co-hosted by renowned corporate innovation experts at 10X Growth, and world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, Founder Institute. Their extensive experience and proven strategies will add invaluable insights to this educational event.
❯ Who this event is for:
- Corporate innovation leaders and executives
- Digital transformation leaders and executives
- Technology and Product leaders
❯ What you will learn:
- Identify key factors contributing to the decline of corporate innovation programs.
- Develop concrete strategies for creating innovative, adaptable playbooks tailored to your organization's needs.
- Implement expert advice from 10X Growth to drive immediate improvements in your corporate innovation initiatives.
❯ Featured Experts:
- Jonathan Greechan - Cofounder & CEO of the Founder Institute: Jonathan Greechan is the Co-Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute, the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator. Since 2009, he has grown and scaled the organization to chapters in over 200 cities and 95 countries, producing over 7000 portfolio companies with nearly $2 billion in venture funding. In his long career in tech and marketing, Jonathan has advised thousands of startups on marketing, growth, and product strategy, and has spoken at startup conferences on four continents.
- Jeroen Tjepkema - Partner & Product Director of 10X Growth: 10X Growth is an Amsterdam-based Growth Studio that drives growth and innovation for large organizations with its battle-tested methodology. He spent the last 10+ years helping startups, investors and international organizations like FrieslandCampina, Reckitt Benckiser and Unilever reposition established brands and spearheaded the creation and launch of innovative products and business models.
❯❯ This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17249 to receive the Zoom URL.
- How to Tackle the Gender Gap in Funding: Facts & Initiatives from InvestorsLink visible for attendees
The gender gap in funding is a pervasive challenge faced by women entrepreneurs and professionals across various industries. Join us for an enlightening and empowering event that delves into the pressing issue of gender disparity in funding and explores actionable initiatives to create a more equitable future. Don't miss out on this fireside chat where you can also network with interesting startup founders, investors, and mentors.
❯ Featured Speakers:
Kalsoom Lakhani - Co-Founder & General Partner at i2i Ventures, an early-stage venture capital fund for Pakistan, and the country’s first female-founded VC fund. Kalsoom is also the Founder of Invest2Innovate, which she launched in 2011 to support and unleash the potential of young entrepreneurs in growth markets like Pakistan. She is trained entrepreneurs and leaders worldwide, spoken at events like the World Economic Forum, and is a nonresident Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council. In 2022, she was named one of Rest of World's top 100 Global Tech Changemakers.
Mercedes Bankston - Director at Founder Institute Silicon Valley and Angel Investor. Mercedes was also the Director of Business Development for McGraw-Hill Education responsible for looking at and developing new investments within Ed-tech worldwide. Her engineering background has allowed her to work for Cisco, NEC and Oracle designing and driving innovation within healthcare and education. In her spare time, she has been involved with hosting NASA Hackathons and leading Girls-In-Tech, a global non-profit focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of girls and women who are passionate about technology and careers in STEM fields.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- Learn about the funding gap and why it happens.
- Get practical solutions to make funding more fair
- Learn about the existing initiatives that help women get equal funding opportunities
❯❯ This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17248 to receive the Zoom URL.