What we're about
Hello and Welcome to the Las Vegas Walking, Hiking & Adventurers Meetup group! Thank you for joining us! Now, let's have fun, and see you on the trail!
![img](https://firstname.lastname@example.org)Welcome to our sponsor
SUPER SUMMER THEATRE
at Spring Mountain State Park
(near Red Rock Canyon area)
In Cooperation with Nevada State Parks
Find your next adventure at www.parks.nv.gov
Super Summer Theatre (SST) is a non-profit, volunteer organization for educational and charitable purposes that promotes the use of Nevada State Parks and Studio-based performances and classes. Founded in 1976, SST has a proud history of over 45 years of high-quality, reasonably priced cultural activities for the Las Vegas community, which would not otherwise be available.
(1) Federal Parks have varying entry costs per demographic.
(2) Nevada State Parks have a separate entry fee demographic.
Pick up a NV State Park Passport booklet at the parks, Collect 15 different state park stamps and earn a free annual pass. http://parks.nv.gov/passport
(3) We are a member of the Nevada Outdoor Business Coalition, member #231, supporting properly licensed professional outdoor enthusiast businesses. State of Nevada licenses are a protection for the consumer. We do not provide instruction within the group. For instructions on your favorite activities, please contact the appropriate entities and come prepared to participate in our group events.
(A) REI - instructional classes and outdoor activities (paid per event)
Outdoor Classes, Events & Tours | REI Co-op | REI Classes & Events
(B) Nevada Climbing Center - including exercises and training on a climbing practice wall with proper gear and crash pads
Classes & Events — Nevada Climbing Center (nvclimbingcenter.com)
(C) Canyoneering courses: https://uberadventures.net/
Uber Adventures proudly offers all 4 of the standard ACE curricula courses, outlined below. In addition to the ACE-L1-L2-L3-L4 courses, Uber Adventures also offers America's only relevant Swiftwater Canyoneering Course, the ACE-L5 Canyoneering Guide Assessments (Certification), and a variety of split-course options.
(4) This group is a social group focusing on health, hiking/walking, exploring Nevada, and promoting the State Parks - which then supports the preservation of our wilderness areas and research to protect endangered species.
This is a place for everyone to find some enjoyment in socializing. Keep the conversations intellectual and fun!
(5) Emergency location and evacuation/ medical insurance is a good idea. Check your own personal insurance coverage for outdoor activity coverage, in the event you need location, medical evacuation or emergency medical care. As a social group, we are not trained in search and rescue or medical personnel. Be prepared. Also, owning and maintaining an operational emergency locator device is a great idea - I carry the Spot Gen- a more affordable unit, with a small monthly fee, Garmin Mini is recommended by Oregon Civil Air Patrol Search and Rescue. There are many options to choose from. Nearly every lost hiker story you read would not have happened if they had planned in advance to be found if necessary. A sample medical policy I found on the Sierra Snow School site:
Travel Memberships provide field rescue, medical advisory, and intelligence services to all members. This includes global COVID transport. Security advisory upgrades are also available.
TotalCareSM Memberships provide 24x7 access to world-class virtual healthcare, including Urgent and Specialty consults.
(6) You must maintain a current profile pic on your meetup profile we can provide to rangers or medical personnel to use if / when necessary. Carry an ID card with your medical information and who to contact in case of an emergency.
(7) This meetup group is not to be used as a marketing platform for members' own personal businesses.
(8) Fees (for profit), tips (for profit), and donations (a type of not-for-profit payment that requires a 501c3 business license and state / federal accounting [to show levels of income received balance with not-for-profit outlines]) are not allowed in our group.
(9) If you aren't feeling well, which denotes an abnormal day for you personally with regard to your health, please wait to attend.
My background is BSBA in nonprofit organization & servant based leadership, MBA background w/ emphasis in healthcare management (managerial only, not doctoral or nursing work) and mediation w/ internship at Caesars Foundation in Morrison Public Policy Institute. 10+ yrs. Convention, Showroom and Special Event Management. 1 yr. computer engineering and programming OIT. Former COO of International nonprofit organization - To Love Children Educational Foundation, recognized by the UN in consultative status. One of the most fascinating invitations was to proofread a first book pre-print for a U.S. Attorney (now teaching law and on admitting faculty for St. Thomas Law School), Mark Osler. The book, Jesus on Death Row, reviews the sources of policies of the death penalty in U.S. law. It's a wonderful life. Let's stick to positive intellectual conversations. Looking forward to seeing you on the trail!
DISCLAIMER- Accepting Las Vegas Walking, Hiking and Adventure (LVWHA) social group membership or inclusion in LVWHA social events is your electronic signature of agreement to these terms: You agree (or will remove yourself from the group) that neither you nor any third party on your or your beneficiary's behalf will hold any of the group's leaders, officers, or representatives liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You hereby accept FULL responsibility for your own health and welfare. You hereby agree to personally assume ALL risks and liability related to or resulting from any of your activity and actions in all group functions.
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (4,215)
This content is available only to members