What we're about
Welcome to the Meetup Group! We're a diverse fun-loving group of people who like to refurbish old bikes, go for rides, plan events, have a drink, hang out with friends, support the local cycling community and we all volunteer at the only community run DIY bike shop in town: VéloCity Bicycle Cooperative.
Our meetups are mostly for events and volunteer only nights. To see open shop hours when you can volunteer anytime see our calendar (http://velocitycoop.org/calendar/) and come on in. However, we recommend swinging by on volunteer nights 1-2 times to get familiar before working on a busy weekend.
Our mission is to educate, encourage, and empower a vibrant and inclusive cycling community through learning. We provide a non-profit, volunteer-run, educational do-it-yourself workshop offering training, rides, and events to empower all levels of cyclists in building, maintaining, and embracing the fun of bicycles.
• Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/velocitycoop)
• Website (http://velocitycoop.org)
You should join this group if:
• You like riding bikes
• You want to learn more about working on bikes
• You like working on bikes
• You like helping people with their bikes
• You are a digital media maven
• You like planning events
• You like to volunteer at rides and races
• You think fundraising is fun and/or get down with grant-writing
• You like working with kids
We're an open group; send us a message! Send us a meetup! Show up at one of ours!