What we're about
Looking for a group that is fun, active, and open-minded? Perhaps you wish for creative ideas on how to keep your toddler busy? Or maybe you are a new parent looking for some support? Look no further! We are a meetup group geared toward engaging our children in fun, age appropriate activities! We feel it is our job as parents to foster love and creativity in our children. Some events for the little ones include park playdates, story time, picnics, in-home playdates, and more! No matter where you live we have events that are happening all over the triangle. So come out and play!
Every parent needs some "playtime" so we are sure to hold Mom's Nights! That way we can enjoy drinks and conversation uninterrupted by diaper changes and craziness! Tell your hubby not to fret, we hold events for the whole family as well!
We welcome stay at home as well as working parents with children from birth up to preschool age. Older siblings are always welcome any time! Fill out a request to come and play!
As with any group we have some guidelines and policies! The main reason behind them is to keep all members and children as safe (and sane) as possible, please take the time to review them before joining.
Wee Play! Policies
Membership dues are $15 per year and are due within 30 days of joining and each year on your anniversary date. The $15 dues are used to pay for the Meetup site administration fees as well as holiday functions/parties.
Members are encouraged to use the first 30 days as a trial to ensure this is the group for them, as all membership fees are non-refundable.
Wee Play is a member-driven playgroup. Our creative moms are what drive this group. With that in mind, we ask everyone to host at least one play date per year. Play dates can be in-home or a public venue (e.g. park, museum, etc.). If you are uncomfortable hosting your first play date, please contact the Organizers and one of us can co-host with you.
Our members work hard to plan fun events for our little ones. Our general rule is: if you cannot attend an event, please update your RSVP to "Not Going" at least 24 hours before the event start time.
Sometimes our Wee Play parents graciously offer to host events in their homes, and we often reserve a spot with a local business and commit to a certain attendance number. Due to space limitations in these situations, many events must be capped at a specific headcount. In that case, if you cannot attend, please update your RSVP to "Not Going" at least 24 hours before the event start time to give a waitlisted parent the opportunity to plan to attend.
We want to ensure that our group maintains a good reputation within our community, and with our generous Wee Play parent hosts. If you have more than 3 no shows or unexcused late cancels, you will be removed from the group.
The only exception to these rules are sick little ones. Please change your RSVP at any time, and leave a comment explaining your late RSVP. Our Wee Play parents do not want sick little ones at our events.
We WANT to meet you! Members of Wee Play take pride in our focus on inclusion, friendliness, and our warm outreach to new members. When you RSVP to an event we WILL be looking for you, even more so if you are a first timer! We are invested in building a strong community of parents and out of respect for each other, if you fail to change your RSVP, you will be recorded as a "no show". After 3 no shows or late cancels you will be removed from the group.
For the health and safety of all our parents and kids, please stay home if you or your child show any of these symptoms within the past 24 hours:
o A temperature of 100 degrees or higher
o Diarrhea or vomiting
o A rash
o Eye, ear or nasal discharge, other than clear
o Sore throat
You should remain at home until you/your child are/is free of symptoms for 24 hours. This is for your protection as resistance is low when you are ill and you are more susceptible to other infections.
Event Code of Conduct
These guidelines are in place to ensure a supportive and positive event experience for our members’ and their children. Please adhere to these guidelines so that everyone can enjoy the event!
• Members shall refrain from obscene and abusive language and gestures, gossip or other harassing behavior. Members who continue to engage in such behavior may be asked to leave the event and Wee Play in general.
• All members shall be considerate and respectful to the property of other members.
• We do not allow members to host events with the intent of promoting other groups. Please refrain from using our events to promote or advertise your personal business or sell any type of merchandise. It's fine to discuss what you do and answer questions but unsolicited product/service information during events is not permitted. Please don't post direct sales events, or links for direct sales. Our focus is on enriching activities for our children.
• Each member is responsible for her own child or children. Please remove your child from the immediate area if discipline is required. If your child displays aggressive behavior (including, but not limited to: hitting, biting, spitting, kicking, etc.), or is otherwise putting other children in danger, please remove him or her from the immediate area until the behavior can be corrected. If the aggressive behavior continues, the parent may be asked to leave the event. Members with children who are consistently aggressive at Wee Play events may be asked to refrain from attending events until the aggressive behavior can be contained and corrected, in order to protect the safety of the group at large.
• Respect all our mommies, please remember to respect each other. We all come from different places, different families and different situations. With a large group of people, it is inevitable that some will not get along with others. However, each member deserves respect.
• Criticizing a member publicly (at an event or on our Facebook page) will not be tolerated. If disagreements do occur, we expect them to be handled privately. Any behavior deemed disrespectful to a member or to Wee Play will result in a warning. If you are unsure if your behavior is unacceptable, it probably is. If you feel you are being personally attacked in any way, please notify the organizers.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please reach out to a Mama on the lead team (Michelle O'Keefe, Angela Maskill, Nicole Hartman & Lindsay Martini) and we will be happy to chat.
ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN! Enjoy what Wee Play! has to offer you and your family and we hope to see you soon!
WeePlay is not responsible for your safety at events. We plan our events at public and private places and try our best to keep our kids safe, however there are no guarantees on child proofing, inherent physical risks, illnesses, etc at our events. WeePlay, our lead team, and our event hosts cannot be held liable for your or your child’s safety at an event. All children must be accompanied by adult at all times.