- The Cobbler's Kid, Part 3: Finally Building Your Own WordPress Site
-- NOTE DATE CHANGE --
There's an old adage, "the Cobbler's children have no shoes" and if you're like me, client needs and responsibilities, not enough hours in the day, [insert excuse here], often outweigh our own blogs or websites...
In part three of our May Meetup, we'll build my personal sandbox site at joesimpson.info. We've answered the following questions and are ready to build!
- Defining your personal (website) goals?
- What should my site content be?
- Who is my audience?
- Finding inspiration and getting started;
- Spinning up your site (5 Minute Install);
- Domain basics; and
- Site Settings and Starting the Build with Twenty Twenty Two and Full Site Editing.
As always we welcome your suggestions and opinions or other solutions that work for you and why. We'll also look at the latest news, and announcements, open up at the end of our meetup for questions, answers, and networking.
5 Good Faith Rules
In order to create consistency in terms of people’s experiences in the WordPress community, it is important that Meetups adhere to our five good-faith rules. Read more details on the WordPress 5 Good Faith Rules for Meetup Programs.
A special thanks to our WordPress Santa Clarita Valley Meetup Sponsor, GreenGeeks Web Hosting.
- wp19day - WordPress 19th Anniversary Celebration
On May 27th at 3 pm PT we will be joining the South Florida WordPress Meetup Group in a special live event featuring special guests and gameshows - all to celebrate WordPress's 19th anniversary. It's being called wp19day.
Visit wp19.day - you can add your own words about how WordPress has changed your business or life (no matter if you are new to WordPress or been with it for 19 years). Add photos and even a video short! This mini-page will be updated as we approach the anniversary.
RSVP to this event on meetup.com if you would like to make it on the May 27th show. This will likely be broadcasted live on YouTube in connection with Zoom (we will share all guest information and connection URLs once confirmed).
We have surprises in store - the entire WordPress community is invited to celebrate. We can't wait to see you again virtually.
- Meet & Greet at WordCamp US 2022
Still, in the early planning stages, we'd like to gather as the Santa Clarita Valley Meetup WordPress Community at WordCamp US 2022 (WCUS), being held from September 9 through 11 in San Diego, California. Celebrating all things WordPress, this is the premier event of the calendar year and is the first west coast WCUS.
More Details to Come
Some ideas we're tossing around:
- In keeping with our Saturday morning Meetups, we'll gather in San Diego for a coffee, tea, or breakfast treat and giveaways before the event start at 9am;
- Gather during lunch during the event to talk WordPress; or
- What do you think we should do? Please share your ideas with us in the coming months.
This event is open to ticketed attendees for WordCamp US and will follow local COVID safety guidelines for participation. Stay tuned for more details as the event draws near. For more detail about WordCamp US, subscribe for updates at https://us.wordcamp.org/2022/subscribe-now/
WCUS Website: https://us.wordcamp.org/2022/
COVID Guidelines: https://us.wordcamp.org/2022/covid-19-guidelines/