As Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, we discuss what is like to live outside of the JW religion, the struggles we need to overcome and to learn from and support one another.
We do have a few guidelines to follow at the meetup to make it enjoyable for everyone:
1) We are exJWs, happy as exJWs. We do not believe in the JW doctrine and do not intend on going back.
2) We have come to understand, to accept and to use to our advantage the ambiguity and uncertainty of not knowing the real "Truth".
3) We do not offer an alternative to the JW faith. Most of us have not replaced the strict JW doctrine with another one. If you adhere to any doctrine, please respect that we will not adhere to it.
4) If you are a practicing JW or still have doubts about the doctrine, this is not a place for you. We will not de-convert you. We respect your beliefs, but we do not want to have anything to do with them. Then again if you do have questions and doubts about the religion's practices, like disfellowhipping, shunning, marking, or how they treat members, ex-members and non-members then you will be welcome.
5) We are not a replacement for personal therapy or even group therapy.
6) Please treat others as you would like to be treated, please avoid arguing, interrupting, pushing strong beliefs, or using cell phones at the table.