Announcing a new Meetup for The North Side and Evanston Writer's Group!
What: Traditional Format at Atomix: North Side Writing Critique Meeting
When: Monday, March 8,[masked]:00 PM
1957 W Chicago Ave (between Damen Ave & Winchester Ave)
Chicago, IL 60622
(312)[masked]We are now meeting at Atomix (see above for address).
New people are welcome, but please look over the description below. Please see, and feel free to contribute to, our discussion on policy:http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/8503493
At this meeting, writers share a piece of their work, and the people at the meeting share their thoughts.
Please go here to post your work and read work for the meeting:
Guidelines for Everyone:
- Anyone willing to give a thoughtful critique is welcome.
- Members participate, in discussion, on the piece. Some members give written feedback (Ex. on printed out work, by email).
- Please check for stories here . Please read at least some of each piece posted, for this date. If you are not sure what will be critiqued, feel free to email .
- It is good to read a equal proportion of each writer's piece. While it is best to read everything, if you are short on time, please read at least a couple pages of each.
Guidelines for sharing work:
- All genre's and forms are welcome (Ex. chapter of a novel, short story, play, screenplay, poem, article, etc.).
- You may share your work, by posting here (highly recommended), or by bringing work to read aloud.
- Writers are expected to post 3 or more days prior to the meeting, as discussed here.
- Unless described as "NOT for meeting critique", all posters should show up at their meeting (emergencies are of course the exception) as discussed here.
- If you post a piece online, yet find out you will not be able to attend, please email me, so that I can inform the group, out of courtesy for the group. It is especially great if you can email, about this, at least 3 days in advance.
- please email, if you are changing the date, for which you want you want your piece critiqued, OR you you have decided to NOT have a piece critiqued.
- Please do not put links or other promotion in the Files section (scroll down for explanation). Work must be shared as a file (no links for critique), or read aloud. This is discussed here.
- please email, if you are posting a piece, for revision, which has already been discussed at a meeting. There are special procedures for this.
- When posting files, please indicate the date and location, of the meeting in which you want your piece critiqued.
Here are more details about posting online and other means of sharing your work: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7527905
Here is information about reading files, if you are having trouble seeing the work, on your computer: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7617055
If there is time, after those who are sharing work get critiques, we may do one or more of the following:
1. Discussion of the writing process - this will give people a chance to learn from others, and inspire others, with the process which they've found effective.
2. Discussion of ideas for future works, and current works in progress. In addition to sparking interesting discussion, this will give people a chance to talk out their ideas, and hopefully inspire them to continue writing.
3. Discussion of literature - Hopefully discussing great writers, storytellers, and work will inspire art and creativity, in our own writing.
Feel free to email about any questions or suggestions. We look forward to seeing you there.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/author/calendar/12595997/