Announcing a new Meetup for The Calgary Boardgames Meetup Group!
What: Brentwood Coop Meetup & Annual Christmas Game Exchange
When: December 19,[masked]:00 PM-9:30PM
4122 Brentwood Road NW
Calgary, AB T2P 1J9
Time for our ANNUAL CHRISTMAS GAME EXCHANGE!
The game exchange will start at 4pm. If you want to participate, make sure you arrive before 3:30 and are present at 4pm for the draw. Otherwise, this will be an open gaming event just like any other. The game exchange is completely optional. Here's how the game exchange works:
- anybody who wishes to participate can bring along one (1) game from their collection that they are willing to donate to the pool
- this game must be in mint (new) to excellent shape (played once or twice but otherwise perfect)
- recommended value between $25-$50 (as long as it's worth at least $25 I don't really care how generous you are!)
- participating gamers will get a ticket when they add their game to the pool
- I'll draw names or numbers out of a hat, first person drawn gets to pick a game first from the pile. I'll proceed with the name drawing until everyone has a game.
-I'll seed the pool with a couple extra games (you're more than welcome to do the same). Participants will then go through the remaining games in reverse order. By doing so, the people who picked last will get an opportunity to draw a 2nd time from the pile. That way they don't totally get shafted.
-If by some miracle we have enough games for a 3rd go around, then we will start the game drafting again, this time from 1st to last (I suspect this won't happen).
Those of you interested in trading games may also wish to participate in a Math Trade organized by Marc Boulet
. Details of the computer optimized trading scheme can be found at the link above. Combined with our Annual Game Exchange, the Math Trade is a great way of turning your duds into new favorites. If you don't manage to trade your games away in the Math Trade, bring them to the Meetup for the game exchange.
Hope to see you there!
Learn more here:http://boardgames.meetup.com/33/calendar/11976151/