What we’re about
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- 3D Printing Night and Certification - RSVP ON ACEMAKERSPACE.ORGNeeds location$8.00
DO NOT TRY TO RSVP ON MEETUP!!!
Bring your projects and designs to troubleshoot and show n’ tell with folks who are also on 3D printing adventures. This hands-on workshop covers a wide range of learning opportunities including certification training, an overview of how 3D printers work, finding and designing objects to print (STL files), and an opportunity to print your own object.
Class Type: Exposure
Class Level: All
Class Length: 2 Hours
Certifications: 3D Printing Certification Available
Age: 10 +
All proceeds support Ace Makerspace and help us serve over 1200 people a year with innovative programs, equitable access to makerspace resources, more creative, self-reliant communities in Oakland.
- Ace Makerspace TourAce Makerspace, Oakland, CA$5.00
RSVP at our NEW Site: https://www.acemakerspace.org/events/
This tour goes all the way through the 6 rooms at Ace! (there are stairs involved).
This tour starts at 7pm sharp! One tour only this evening. Please DO NOT arrive more than 5 min. early or late as we will not be able to accommodate extra tours or early starts. Thank You.
- Holiday Ornament Laser Cutting Workshop - RSVP ON ACEMAKERSPACE.ORGAce Makerspace, Oakland, CA$35.00
DO NOT TRY TO RSVP ON MEETUP!
Make laser-cut holiday ornaments in this guided beginner-friendly laser and art workshop! Choose from an amazing array of designs, then your instructor will help you customize your ornament with names and/or dates before laser-cutting them from high-end hardwoods. Once cut, add flare and finish your pieces with a variety of art supplies.
- Sewing 101 Bootcamp - RSVP ON ACEMAKERSPACE.ORGNeeds location$55.00
DO NOT TRY TO RSVP ON MEET UP!!!
Basic sewing lessons! Learn the basics and get hands-on time on machines. Great for beginners ages 13 and up.
Class Type: Exposure
Class Level: Beginner
Class Length: 4 Hours
Location: Suite #206, Textiles Studio
- Machine and hand sewing skills
- Basic sewing machine parts
- Threading the machine
- Changing the needle
- Bobbin winding
- Stitch types for different fabrics
- Common hand sewing techniques More hands-on sewing practice
- Sewing practice projects and exercises for both hand and machine sewing