What we’re about
The Bay Area Agile Leadership Network (BayALN) was founded in 2006 to support a community of practice in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a forum for sharing practical experiences and advice. We also explore and develop Agile techniques, understanding and practices at the project, department, organization and enterprise levels.
If you would like to CHIP IN: https://secure.meetup.com/bayaln/contribute/
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Agile Leadership in 2024 and BeyondLink visible for attendees
As agile leaders, we’ve spent the past 23 years mastering the skills that will enable us to thrive in an increasingly volatile and complex future. What did we really learn since 2001 and how will it carry us forward? What would serve us, as agile leaders, to keep building winning teams and organizations in a world that keeps spinning faster and faster?
In their presentation, Pat Reed and Walt Wyckoff will introduce the concept of neuroagility - the way we learn and process new information - and share a few case studies on how organizations use this concept to learn in the real time and adapt to the emerging need. Pat and Walt will also share some headlines from Gene Kim and Steven J. Spear’s new book: “Wiring the Winning Organization”, which applies principles and concepts we will be covering to create a winning organization.
You will learn about
- the factors that impact the ease and speed for us to learn, think and process (the right) information to enhance our mental agility in complex, volatile environments
- how to self - access our neuroagility
- how to share these learning with our teams and create learning environments to adapt to the ever evolving nature of work
- practical case studies
Imagine being able to optimize our 'collective brain' to function at optimum levels across our organization while focusing on achieving optimal learning (and thinking) real time - which is the essence of agile leadership.
We hope you can join us in the December 19th Bay ALN meeting!
- Systemic Coaching Special Interest Group [online]Link visible for attendees
Many on our community have seen big changes at work in 2023: Layoffs, reorganizations, changes in role definitions and reevaluations of Agile initiatives. Systemic Coaching can offer surprising insights supporting difficult decisions, relationship challenges and figuring out your appropriate place in a new social context.
Often, our ideas, thoughts and models get in the way of noticing our direct experience. In this workshop we support each other to get back in touch with our innate sense of what's happening around us and supporting us in being effective.
This is a highly participatory session. Everybody is expected to present with their video on and with access to Google docs from a computer. Dialing in from a tablet or phone will not allow you to participate.
This is a support group for Agilists in the trenches who want to explore the systemic group dynamics that can make Agile coaching so vexing. We are gathering Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters in a workshop format to dig deep into the hidden social contracts that are at the root of chronic challenges. They undermine our efforts to help teams find their journey to becoming self-organizing, high performing teams. In a confidential setting, we will explore the archetypal dynamics that translate well across organizations by looking at the specific work challenges you bring to the group like:
- Chronic conflict within and between teams and departments
- Challenges aligning with managers
- Stuck projects and Agile initiatives
- Coaching challenges with a team or specific team members
- Increase our ability to influence situations
- Shift team and departmental culture
Volker Frank will facilitate systemic constellations and share some of the underlying principles of self-organization that lead to the hidden contracts and allow us to resolve them. If you want to explore and understand these complex social and organizational issues in any coaching context, this group is for you.
In these sessions participants will:
- Experience systemic coaching while supporting others
- Learn how to look at organizational dynamics from a systemic perspective
- Receive coaching in a safe and supportive environment
- Share knowledge and wisdom
- Network and build closer connections with other participants
Come with questions and challenges you're experiencing on your Agile journey.
Please contact Volker Frank (email@example.com) or Huy Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.