What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
7:00pm - 8.15pm: Speaker presentation
8:15pm - end: Q&A
We come across many languages while working in APAC region, and multilingual NLP is key to extract unified insights out of multilingual data. While working with text data in English is challenging, building and applying NLP models for multiple languages adds to the complexity of this task.
In this talk, we will introduce the approach developed by Kaggle Grandmasters at H2O.ai to leverage multilingual transformer based models and transfer learning to solve NLP for multilingual data. We will also conduct a hands-on session using H2O’s Hybrid AI Cloud, which will cover -
1. AutoML Best Practices
2. NLP Best Practices
3. Expert settings for multilingual NLP and transfer learning
Dr Vishal Sharma, Senior Data Scientist, H2O.ai
Prior to H2O.ai, Vishal worked in different domains such as finance, smart city and patent analytics. He has led teams of data scientists and machine learning researchers delivering end-end innovative solutions for lead generation, analytics based corporate lending, machine translation, weather forecasting, regime detection for trading etc. Vishal has a PhD from National University of Singapore in neural networks and time series. His areas of interest include time series and NLP.
Shivam Bansal, Senior Data Scientist, H2O.ai
Shivam Bansal is a Senior Data Scientist at H2O.ai, Kaggle Grandmaster in Kernels Section (highest Rank No 2) and NUS Valedictorian. Shivam specializes in Machine Learning Modelling, Natural Language Processing, Social Media Analysis, Digital Analytics, Recommendation Engines and Big Data Architectures. He has hands on industrial experience in building models, algorithms and engines from scratch and has lead data science teams to deliver end to end production ready data driven products. Shivam has a Master of Science degree in Business Analytics and Data Science from National University of Singapore.
Hi everyone. Yes, we've heard your complaints about people rsvping and not showing up, and how there's space at the venue but no more rsvp slots. To resolve this, we seek your help with taking attendence at the events:
- For members who RSVP and no-show, they will receive -1 point. (RSVPs close 48 hrs before the event--please cancel your rsvp before this)
- For members who RSVP and show, they will receive +1 point.
- E.g., Bill RSVPs for 3 meetups. He shows up for only 1. Thus, he gets (-1) + (-1) + (+1) = -1 point.
- Members who have < -3 points will be banned.
- Members who have > 10 points will get VIP and can attend meetups without RSVP for a year
- Please approach our committee members to take your attendance. Thank you!