What we're about
The group is for data science nerds to share and learn the art of data discovery, understanding and storytelling. Please post ALL queries on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dataScience
or on our slack group: https://datasg.slack.com
the messages in meetup are not monitored
... and also check our website @ http://datascience.sg/ for updates and materials
Upcoming events (2)
Hi everyone! For the FIRST MEETUP in the month of June 2023, we have Erwin, Google's Machine Learning Tech Lead to share with us.
6.30pm - 7.00pm: Registration
7.00pm - 7.10pm: Intro by Google DevSpace SG
7.10pm - 7.50pm: How to build a Stackoverflow QA system using Vertex AI Embeddings API and a high-scale low latency vector database
7.50pm - 8.05pm: Q&A
In this talk will discuss how to build a Stackoverflow QA system using the Vertex AI Embeddings API and a high-scale low latency vector database (Matching Engine). We will then discuss how to use the Vertex AI Embeddings API to generate vector representations of the questions and answers in the Stackoverflow dataset. Finally, we will discuss how to use a high-scale low latency vector database to store and retrieve these vector representations.
The key points that will be covered in this talk include:
- The Vertex AI Embeddings API and its capabilities
- How to use the Vertex AI Embeddings API to generate vector representations of the questions and answers in the Stackoverflow dataset
- How to use a high-scale low latency vector database to store and retrieve these vector representations
Erwin is a Staff Developer Relations Engineer on the Developer Advocacy team at Google. He focuses on Machine Learning Operations, Large Language Models in this role. Previously, Erwin led Google's ML practices in EMEA and APAC. Before joining Google, he worked in Lead Machine Learning roles at leading global technology companies.
- Koo Ping S.
- Ivan T.
- 180 attendees
Hi everyone. Yes, we've heard your complaints about people rsvping and not showing up, and how there's space at the venue but no more rsvp slots. To resolve this, we seek your help with taking attendence at the events:
- For members who RSVP and no-show, they will receive -1 point. (RSVPs close 48 hrs before the event--please cancel your rsvp before this)
- For members who RSVP and show, they will receive +1 point.
- E.g., Bill RSVPs for 3 meetups. He shows up for only 1. Thus, he gets (-1) + (-1) + (+1) = -1 point.
- Members who have < -3 points will be banned.
- Members who have > 10 points will get VIP and can attend meetups without RSVP for a year
- Please approach our committee members to take your attendance. Thank you!
- Koo Ping S.
- Kai Xin T.
- Zeldon Tay Y.
- 9 attendees