What we’re about
You must be a paid member of OCSJ to join this meetup group.
You can find more information on the Club’s offerings and policies on our website http://www.ocsj.org
Meetup is our scheduling tool for all events. Once you have paid, our 3 meetup sites are free to join. Again, your yearly dues include all activities from all 3 meetup groups. (except costs for special events). You must join each meetup group separately (free) in order to RSVP for events.
Our other 2 Meetup sites are:
Trips are open to all dues paid OCSJ members. A paid member may invite a guest one time for each type of activity with leader approval.
Participants on overnight trips must always be an OCSJ member.
We are able to accept payment made on-line at www.ocsj.org with Affinipay. You don't need an Affinipay account to use a credit card. We also accept checks. Go to our website http://www.ocsj.org for more information.
If you have already paid your dues to the Outdoor Club of South Jersey, thank you!
Upcoming events (4)See all
- Cross Country Ski the White Mountains of New HampshireSwiss Chalets Village Inn, Intervale, NH
North Conway, NH
January 21-28, 2024
Seven nights for cross country skiing/snowshoeing in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. Shorter stays are possible. There are 5 excellent groomed ski venues and oodles of hiking trails in the area. The group will choose a main xc venue each day, but individuals may opt for their own venue or activity (e.g. snowshoeing). Equipment rentals and lessons are available. This is a great trip, suitable for all levels of ski experience! North Conway itself is a charming village with lots of restaurants, outlet stores, cute shops, and necessities such as grocery stores.
We will be staying at the Swiss Chalets Village Inn, 457 NH-16A, North Conway, NH. We do not have a group rate or block of rooms. Each person reserves their own room. Current prices on Booking.com are $533 for a king room and $592 for a room with 2 double beds (Plus 8.5% tax). Be aware that prices seem to change frequently no matter where you book, so these are not guaranteed. Breakfast is included. Lunches and dinners are on your own. There are refrigerators and microwaves in each room.
To sign up: please complete all 3 of the steps below:
- Reserve your room for the Swiss Chalets Village Inn. Booking.com has the best prices at present, but you may book through other places.
- Notify the trip leader that you have a room. Email me at Bbrandt46@gmail.com
- Click the “attend” button on the Kayak/Cross Country Ski MeetUp site. This is a necessary step for messaging information to attendees, and so that others can see who is going. If not already a member of this site click the red “join” button at the bottom of this post and follow the prompts.
All participants must be paid members of the Outdoor Club of South Jersey. Go to OCSJ.org to join if not already a member.
Please contact me if you have further questions.
Leader: Barbara Brandt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country Skiing - Stowe, VT - Sunday, 1/28/24 to Friday, 2/2/24Commodores Inn, Stowe, VT
Cross Country Skiing, Stowe, VT
Sunday 1/28/24 to Friday 2/2/24
This is an old club favorite offering several fantastic ski centers, easy backcountry, iconic New England town and cozy lodging. The room rate is $155.76/night, taxes included. The total room cost for all 5 nights is $778.80, taxes included. Meals are not included. However, there are refrigerators in each room and microwaves are available in the lobby area. Also, there will be a restaurant located onsite this year which will be open for lunch and dinners. If more than 2 people want to stay in a room, add $11.80 per person, per night.
Participants must reserve their rooms directly with Commodores Inn. Any cancellations within 72 hours of arrival will result in a $75 fee charged to the card on file.
Trip leaders – Paul Dice and Susan Renton-Dice – email@example.com, (609) 707-9903
To Attend, please follow all 3 steps below:
- Reserve your room at the Commodores Inn (800)447-8693, identifying yourself as with the Outdoor Club of South Jersey ski group.
- Email the trip leaders to let them know you have a room at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up in the Kayaking/Cross Country Skiing group in Meetup. Click the trip’s red “Attend” button. If another red button at the bottom of the trip page says “Join”, you must click it to join the group first.
Cross Country Ski Centers:
• Trapp Family Lodge
• Stowe Mountain Resort
• Craftsbury Outdoor Center
• Bolton Valley
• Camel’s Hump Nordic
Back Country Skiing:
• Catamount Trail
• Weissner Woods
• Sterling Gorge
• Mt. Mansfield
• Nebraska Valley
• Stowe Pinnacle
• Hunger Mountain
• Camel’s Hump
- Beautiful Boonville, NYThe Lodge at Headwaters, Boonville, NY
Boonville, NY boasts a great variety of XC ski opportunities and near wonderful snow. It’s located on the eastern edge of the large Tug Hill Plateau where all the moist air from Lake Ontario cools and dumps as lake effect snow. Locally, there are 4 free, groomed BREIA trail systems. There are several nearby State Parks offering semi-groomed and back country experiences. Half an hour away there are 2 commercial xc ski venues in Osceola (where rentals and lessons are available).
We will be staying at The Lodge at Headwaters in Boonville. We have a block of rooms at a group rate, but each person is responsible for making and paying for their own reservations. The group rate is $139/night plus taxes, breakfast is included. Each room is equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. Participants are responsible for their own lunches and dinners, though group opportunities may be organized. We have reserved a conference room for daily happy hours, organizational meetings, and a possible eating space.
To attend, please follow all 3 of the steps below.
- Reserve your room at the Lodge at Headwaters in Boonville, NY. (315) 942-2027 or email email@example.com. Identify yourself as with the Outdoor Club of South Jersey group.
- Email the leaders to let us know you have booked a room. Sue Wills (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Fran Horn (email@example.com)
- Click the “attend” button on the Kayaking/Cross Country Ski MeetUp site. A necessary step for messaging information to attendees, and so that others can see who is going. If not already a member of this site, click the red “join” button at the bottom.
- Weston, Vermont Cross Country SkiingColonial House Inn & Motel, Weston, VT
Weston, Vermont is a picturesque village in the Green Mountains of Vermont. We will be staying at the Colonial House Inn. It's located along a scenic road and close to two commerical Nordic Ski areas. Motel rooms are basic but the common room is very nice. A hearty breakfast is included. Skiing will be done independently or you can hook up with others. I will offer a free half hour ski lesson to beginners on request (Although I'm not a ski instructor). Rentals are available at either location for an extra cost.
To attend, please follow all 3 of the steps below.
1- You must register with the Colonial House Inn on your own to participate on the trip. Reserve your room at the .Colonial House Inn in Weston, Vermont. 1 (802) 824-6286 Identify yourself as with the Outdoor Club of South Jersey group. Then sign up on this site.
2- Email the leader to let him know you have booked a room.
Trip Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org Meetup has issue with E-mail links.
You may have to paste into your E-mail .
3- Click the “attend” button on the Kayaking/Cross Country Ski MeetUp site. CLICK FOR TRIP LINK A necessary step for messaging information to attendees, and so that others can see who is going. If not already a member of this site, click the red “join” button at the bottom.