Click on the following link or go to http://bit.ly/KoPTue9a to complete our member registration! _____________________________________________________________________________
Please also go to LinkedIn and Join our LinkedIn Group Great Careers PHL to immediately expand your networking opportunities. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3003229 _____________________________________________________________________________
The goal of a Career Success Group is to provide a supportive environment where members can get ideas, direction, support, solve problems and learn skills to improve their job search and career.
With the support and wisdom of the group, members use a structured meeting format to help measure participants’ job search progress and get answers to questions about job search or career management. The group also provides a safe, caring environment to discuss personal/emotional issues related to job search and career management.
Attendee information is shared with the group privately. Tell a leader at the meeting if you do not want to share your information within the group. We will never sell or share the information that you enter here without your approval.
When most people enter transition, the assumption is that they will find another job. For individuals who are senior in their career, this can be a daunting task because they are likely to command a significant salary and be perceived as overqualified. Often, the result will be a job at a lower level and a pay reduction. One can only guess the probability of a successful career in this situation.
Relatively few people consider business ownership as an alternative because it is perceived as a high-risk endeavor. This may not be the case. It is possible that the risks associated with a corporate job these days may be that they are high and the longevity short.
Licensing a proven business model with a demonstrated history of success can, in many cases, provide a more stable career. Even more important, is that individuals can make decisions for themselves, rather than being at the beck and call of another employer.
Neil Paur, a Career Transition Coach with The Entrepreneur Source, will discuss options for self-employment.
Attendees will learn that:
• Business ownership may be a far better alternative to simply another short-term corporate job
• The stability of franchising is high and, according to some studies, more than 90% are successful
• The costs associated with owning a business can be quite modest
• Understanding the options and making sense out of the many choices for business ownership can be a daunting task, so utilizing a coach who can leverage your portfolio of over 200 businesses can make the process dramatically easier
Attendees will benefit by learning:
• the business drivers of franchising, where people can minimize risk and maximize the return on their investment
• that it is more important to understand the value proposition from the business rather than the business itself
• how to make a sound, rational, approach to deciding what’s best for each individual
• a time proven process of how to define what businesses will provide the income lifestyle and equity they are striving for
Neil Paur spent over 30 years in enterprise software sales and worked in the pharmaceutical industry and academia.
Additionally, he spent ten years in the chemical engineering field doing process simulation. For the past few years, he has leveraged those skills to help individuals become successful business owners.
Neil will be one of the co-leaders at our new Lehigh Valley Chapter that will launch in July, along with RJ Whitelock!