What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
* POSTPONED due to rain forecast to Sunday 9/25, same times. *
Hundreds of beautiful cars from all over Northern California -- and one of the most colorful, passionate, die-hard communities there is.
We'll meet at 8:30 at the south end of the parking lot on the Great Highway north of Lincoln Blvd. Reconvene to share sketches against the seawall (halfway to Beach Chalet) at 10:50.
Pro tips: It can be cool and breezy at Ocean Beach. Wear layers, and a hat.
Hot coffee & Dynamo donuts available at the California Kahve truck parked just inside Golden Gate Park off Lincoln & La Playa, across from the 76 Station.
The meet actually kicks off at 7:00, so you morning people can show up super early if you like. Me, I'll be there at 8:30.
Muni: N Judah, 18 46th Ave.
Photo (l) by Tony Ulloa; Sketch composite (r) by Martin Denefeld
Start your Monday sketching with pencil, pen or watercolor. We'll take turns posing for seven minutes each with a different theme each week. We are always fully clothed. At the end of each session we share our work.
Beginning or experienced artists are welcome.
We'll do every Monday from 9AM - 11AM.
You will receive an email with the Zoom link, so make sure that Meetup.com has your correct email address. Also check that your Settings are turned on to receive Mailing list messages "As they are sent" (it's the last one on the list of email settings).
◦ Make sure you have updated your browser (Chrome works best) and your operating system
◦ If you are on a tablet, download the Zoom app before entering the room.
◦ If you are new to Zoom please read:
◦ Set up a free zoom account if you’ve had trouble accessing Zoom events in the past. If you already have a Zoom account, make sure you've upgraded to version 5.
◦ Arrive at the waiting room 5 to 10 minutes before the start time.
◦ We can chat while drawing, but remember to mute yourself if there's a lot of background noise or you need to shuffle things around or talk to someone at home.
Dinah and Noah Stroe have been hosting this jam session online for a while now and welcome sketchers to participate!
Come on by and draw along with the music!
There is a “Grand Reveal” at the end of the session when sketchers get an opportunity to show their work.
If you enjoy yourself come back next time!
(Add the link to your calendar.)
Pre-Covid, this jam session used to be live 2 or 3 times a month on a Tuesday evening at an Andronico’s market in the Inner Sunset. Money dropped in the collection hat was donated to a good cause. Dinah and Noah would love it if any sketchers who would like to contribute, would donate to the San Francisco Marin Food Bank: sfmfoodbank.org
It helps to be a little familiar with Zoom:
• During the jam, you should be muted.
• The best drawing method is to choose a musician in gallery view, go to the three little dots in the upper right of their individual image and select “pin" so that you get a full screen view of them.
•You can also take a screen grab if you want a motionless pose.
Command+shift+3 automatically puts a shot of the whole screen on your desktop.
Command+shift+4 allows you to drag the cursor over the area you want to select.
If you have more than one screen, Command+shift+5 lets you click on the window you want to capture.
(sketches by Mary)
This small beach at Sea Cliff on the north side of San Francisco, overlooking the Pacific as it enters the Golden Gate, features dramatic views and interesting mansions. You can park up on Sea Cliff Ave., then walk down to the beach. There is a bathroom facility, but it has been closed for repairs and we're not sure if it's open at this date. No cafe or food concessions, so bring lunch.
We'll meet up at 12:15 to share our sketches in front of the restroom facility building.
Muni: 1 California, 29 Sunset