What we're about
Free, high-quality beginner, intermediate, and advanced creative photography classes, meetup events, and monthly contests. Ongoing weekly constructive commentary and feedback on your work.
1. Are you interested in improving your photography?
2. Would you like to study and work with other motivated and talented photographers?
3. Are you ready to graduate from boring snapshots to impressive and memorable images?
4. Does being part of a stimulating and supportive group offering sensitive and constructive comments about each others work interest you?
5. Have you ever thought about photography as an art form along with a visual vocabulary to enhance it?
WHAT WE OFFER
• This high-quality program, held at the Broward County Main Library, will help you realize your photographic/artistic potential.
• For newer photographers, we offer an INTRODUCTORY (beginning) program concentrating on camera craft, design and composition.
• For photographers with some or more experience, we have an INTERMEDIATE (ongoing) program that emphasizes the incorporation of light, shadow, mood, space, graphic design and creative camera technique.
• At the ADVANCED level, we have a wonderful group of experienced photographers who meet weekly in order to share their artistic vision. Many have known each other for years. They say it's worth traveling from as far as Miami and Palm Beach and points in between to create a stimulating synergistic experience. New, experienced photographers are always welcome to join us and participate.
• Although only in Fort Lauderdale since 2015, this program began in 2003 at the Boca Raton Museum School of Art, at a considerable cost to the student.
• If you are serious and really love photography, this opportunity is yours at no expense to you other than your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.
• Classes are instructed by Jack Wild, formerly the head of photography at the Boca Raton Museum School of Art and the Delray Beach Center for the Arts.
• CLASSES ARE ONGOING ON A WEEKLY BASIS. IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE OF PLANS, WE WILL POST IT AND EMAIL ALL MEMBERS.
Learning How to See
Wednesdays 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Creative and Artistic Expression
Saturdays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Salon: Exhibition, Contest, and Publication Level
Saturdays 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Broward County Main Library 5th Floor
Downtown Ft Lauderdale
100 South Andrews Avenue
We don't know if there is free parking somewhere. Here is what we recommend.
1. Drive to the multi-story parking garage at 150 SE 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale, FL ( just east of the library).
2. Park on the 2nd floor in the NW corner.
3. Pay $1.25/hour (using cash, credit card, or app). Consider paying extra so you don't have to leave class early.
4. Put the ticket on your dashboard.
5. Walk across the 2nd floor breezeway connecting the garage and library.
6. Enter the library and walk past the librarians' desk.
7. Take one of the three adjacent elevators to the 5th floor.
8. Walk to 10 o'clock (the NW corner) where our classroom is.
NO NEED TO SIGN UP OR REGISTER.
We ask only that you be interested in and love photography.
Please read our album called "How a Mac User Should Format a USB Flash Drive." You can find it here: https://tinyurl.com/FormatAFlashDrive
• We keep our site free of solicitations of any sort.
• We keep our site free of sexually explicit and suggestive images.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT INSTRUCTOR JACK WILD AT 561.414.3588.