Building a flourishing community on Meetup is a process, and we are here to assist you every step of the way. During this all-access demonstration recording with customer support professionals, you’ll learn the basics of how to plan and host successful events. If you’ve never scheduled a Meetup event before or if you’re a seasoned organizer, this event is for you!
Watch Alex Marden and Colin-Pierre Larnerd from Meetup’s Community Support team as they practice the fundamentals, explain the latest features, and share insights that will give your next event a boost.
- What You’ll Learn (2:21)
- Planning Your Next Event (3:05)
- Creating Your Next Event (9:20)
- After You Publish Your Event
- Before Your Event
- During Your Event (45:18)
- Product Updates
- Q&A Session (51:46)
Top Q&A Questions and Resources:
- Is there a way to search for only online Meetup events?
- Colin: You’re able to search for online events, but we don’t distinguish groups by in-person or online events. A group can host both online or in-person events, and the fastest-growing groups host both. You can definitely search for online events, but we don’t have a way to search for groups that are only online.
- How can I promote my online event across the country?
- Alex: The answer is Meetup is not designed to do that easily. The reason why is that when Meetup was first created back in 2002, the focus was on creating real local communities. So when you create a Meetup group, you select a city and state that you are physically residing in and your new group announcement gets targeted to people within a certain radius. The members get to decide how far of a radius they want to receive announcements from.
- If I’m a new organizer and have no members, should I create an event to attract new members?
- You don’t have to, but it is highly recommended. Publishing an event increases the likelihood that somebody is going to find your group when they search for it on Meetup. It increases the number of opportunities for our automatic notification system to tell people that your group exists.
- Product Feature Request form
- Stay up to date on product updates
- Meetup’s help center
- For further support from our team or to report a bug, submit a direct request to our team using this form
- Join the Organizer Discord Community
Last modified on May 30, 2023