Boston Azure is a community-run group with the goal of learning about cloud computing with the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform. We have been meeting since October 2009, making us the oldest such Azure-focused community group in the world. The group was founded by Bill Wilder (@codingoutloud (https://twitter.com/codingoutloud)).
The group is run by volunteers. So far for all the events we've hosted over the years, we've managed to provide them for free to attendees. This is in large part to Microsoft offering free space at NERD where we've held 90% of our events, but also to the occasional meeting/event sponsor.
Boston Azure usually meets in the Boston/Cambridge area. You may also be interested in the North Boston Azure group, run by Jason Haley (@haleyjason (https://twitter.com/haleyjason)), which meets in Burlington, MA.
HEY FOLKS -- I plan to keep this "fake meeting" around to help easily track ideas for future events. Feel free to "attend" and get updates when I change this page.
WE GOT SOME SPACE! Will be posting new meetings for NERD soon.
Topic/speaker backlog (no order implied - just a list):
• Commanding the command line: CLI & PowerShell
• Blockchain (Todd and/or Simon)
• SQL Server => SQL DB (Taiob)
• Hands-on Cognitive Service/ML (Beth, Veronika)
• Security/Compliance: Big Data security on Azure cloud that allows parallel processing and streaming of encrypted data (Serge Vilvovsky)
• Security/Compliance: Compliance in Azure (George for Azure SQL DB)
• Office 365 Security concerns (since they also apply to AAD)
• IoT / DevOps / Lean / Analytics (Bob Familiar)
• AWS vs Azure (jorge.cotillo via slack)
• Business Side of Cloud (Mark)
• ASE (v2?) (Jason?)
• WAF (Bill?)
• "Tools" meeting like this (https://www.meetup.com/NE-MSFT-Devs/events/91353232/)
• Azure Data Catalog (Beth Wolfset) perhaps like this (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/694/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=68754) or this (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/694/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=68753)
• Serverless: Media/Logic Apps (Juan Pablo)
• Serverless: Functions, Logic Apps (Jim O'Neil)
• ARM (Jim O'Neil)
• Container Instances
Oct 10 => 11
Oct 26 => 24
Nov 16 => 14
Dec 13 => 12
Dec 07 => 05
(Dec 11-Feb 18)
Feb 27 => 22