What we're about
Upcoming events (3)
More details to come, but here's the headline:
Securing your cloud systems is not an act but a mindset. Join us as Surbhi Pokharna demonstrates both that mindset - and applies it in showing all the ways to lock down Azure SQL DB, and keep it locked!
THU JULY 15 @ 6:00 PM Boston time
This will be an ONLINE/VIRTUAL EVENT
A dive into Azure's Well-Architected Framework featuring Vaibhav Gujral
Topic: Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework
How do you ensure that your workloads running in the cloud are well-architected? Join us in this session where Vaibhav will introduce Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework and explain different architectural excellence pillars within the framework. He will talk about different principles under each of the pillars and will share some architectural best practices that you can use to optimize your workloads running in Azure.
Speaker: Vaibhav Gujral
Vaibhav Gujral is a seasoned cloud architect currently working at Kiewit Corporation. He has been awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award for the Microsoft Azure category and is a Microsoft Certified Trainer. He is a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, and he holds numerous other Azure Certifications. Apart from being a regular speaker at several user groups, events, and conferences, he also runs the Omaha Azure user group. He regularly blogs at https://vaibhavgujral.com/.
HEY FOLKS -- I plan to keep this "fake meeting" around to help easily track ideas for future events. Feel free to "attend" and get updates when I change this page.
WE GOT SOME SPACE! Will be posting new meetings for NERD soon.
Topic/speaker backlog (no order implied - just a list):
• Commanding the command line: CLI & PowerShell
• Blockchain (Todd and/or Simon)
• SQL Server => SQL DB (Taiob)
• Hands-on Cognitive Service/ML (Beth, Veronika)
• Security/Compliance: Big Data security on Azure cloud that allows parallel processing and streaming of encrypted data (Serge Vilvovsky)
• Security/Compliance: Compliance in Azure (George for Azure SQL DB)
• Office 365 Security concerns (since they also apply to AAD)
• IoT / DevOps / Lean / Analytics (Bob Familiar)
• AWS vs Azure (jorge.cotillo via slack)
• Business Side of Cloud (Mark)
• ASE (v2?) (Jason?)
• WAF (Bill?)
• "Tools" meeting like this (https://www.meetup.com/NE-MSFT-Devs/events/91353232/)
• Azure Data Catalog (Beth Wolfset) perhaps like this (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/694/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=68754) or this (http://www.sqlsaturday.com/694/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=68753)
• Serverless: Media/Logic Apps (Juan Pablo)
• Serverless: Functions, Logic Apps (Jim O'Neil)
• ARM (Jim O'Neil)
• Container Instances
Oct 10 => 11
Oct 26 => 24
Nov 16 => 14
Dec 13 => 12
Dec 07 => 05
(Dec 11-Feb 18)
Feb 27 => 22