"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Nancy Shaw, Senior Percolator.
Udacity offers a free course called Responsive Web Design Fundamentals.
In five lessons we will learn the following:
~ Why Responsive
~ Starting Small
~ Building Up
~ Common Responsive Patterns
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant obtains access to Responsive Design Fundamentals at Udacity.
• Each participant commits to review the recommended videos each week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board (coming soon) for each chapter. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the course is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to Udacity, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for HTML5 Brunch, Season 9. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Udacity. Then, start your virtual learning by reviewing one video at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover five courses starting Sunday, November 4, 2018 and continuing until Saturday, December 8, 2018. Refer to the HTML5 Brunch, Season 9 -- Master Discussion List (coming soon) for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, November 4 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain access to Udacity. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board (coming soon) once you gain access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's do Brunch!