"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: Season 2 will be led by Senior Percolator, Sunday Olaoye.
Season 2 will focus on learning Drupal 8. We will use free resources available at Acquia Academy.
NOTE: Season 3 will be led by Leslie Glynn using the book, Definitive Guide to Drupal 8, once this book is published.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant signs up for Drupal Academy (it's free).
• Each participant commits to review one complete course per week, complete any recommended exercises and post links to your completed work. Courses average between one and three hours of video viewing, in addition to recommended activity. So we may extend the length of Season 2 depending feedback from participants along the way.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each module. Each participant will receive personal feedback, as well as, a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the course is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to the course materials, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule. You DO NOT need to live in the Boston area to participate. Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun!
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for Drupal Diner, Season 2. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Sign up for Acquia Academy (it's free) and access the Drupal 8 Learning Paths.
Start your virtual learning by reviewing one course at a time (there are six total) starting with Introduction to Drupal 8, completing any exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover six courses starting Sunday, March 11 and ending Saturday, April 21. Refer to the Drupal Diner, Season 2 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, March 11 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you gain access to Acquia Academy. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: Drupal Diner, Season 2 message board once you receive access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Let's start dining!