"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Gene Babon, Chief Percolator.
Lynda.com offers a certificate program called Become a Front-End Web Developer.
The program features 37 hours of video-based training, 13 courses and certificates for completing each course which can be added to your LinkedIn profile. But wait, there's more ...
This virtual training certificate program is available for FREE to Boston Public Library members!
Here is how to obtain a Boston Public Library eCard:
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant obtains access to Become a Front-End Web Developer at Lynda.com.
• Each participant commits to review the recommended videos each week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the course is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment, in addition to a certificate from Lynda.com.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to Lynda.com, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for HTML5 Brunch, Season 7. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Lynda.com (FREE, if you qualify as a Massachusetts resident). Then, start your virtual learning by reviewing one video at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 13 courses and 37 hours of video-based training, starting Sunday, February 25, 2018. Since some courses are longer than others (four hours vs. one hour) Season 7 will last longer than 13 weeks. We will likely spend several consecutive weeks on longer courses. Refer to the HTML5 Brunch, Season 7 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, February 25 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain access to Lynda.com. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you gain access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's get certified!