"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Peter Phelps, Senior Percolator.
In 25 short steps we will learn the following five stages:
~ Terminology and Technical Foundations
~ Why the Blockchain is Needed
~ How the Blockchain Works
~ Limitations and How to Overcome Them
~ Using the Blockchain, Summary and Outlook
NOTE: This virtual self-study group does not involve coding. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. This book is for everyone who wants to get a general idea of what blockchain technology is, how it works, and how it will potentially change the financial system as we know it.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant purchases a copy of Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps by Daniel Drescher.
• Each participant commits to read the recommended chapters each week and post your observations and comments in the discussion area.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each step (chapter). Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the course is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have received a copy of the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for Blockchain, Lo Mein, Season 1. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Blockchain Basics. Then, start your learning by reviewing one step (chapter) at a time, and posting comments about your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 25 steps (chapters) in nine weeks starting Sunday, December 9, 2018 and continuing until Saturday, February 16, 2019. Refer to the Blockchain Lo Mein, Season 1 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, December 9 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of Blockchain Basics. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's Learn Blockchain!
Boston PHP, a Meetup-designated Super Group