"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
This virtual self-study group will focus on advanced WordPress development. LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) offers a 10-module series (21 hours) entitled Become an Advanced WordPress Developer. After mastering the concepts covered in the Become a Junior WordPress Developer learning path (Season 2), get the skills you need to develop advanced websites with WordPress as the back-end solution.
Access to this certificate program is available for FREE to Boston Public Library or Cambridge Public Library members.
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will begin on time. Currently, Season 3 does not have a Senior Percolator (facilitator). A Senior Percolator is someone who is interested in the topic, participates AND is willing to lead by helping others along the journey with periodic communications. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant gains access to a LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) account.
• Each participant commits to review one video-based series per week, complete any exercises and post links to a sample WordPress website you will develop along the way.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each module. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update from your Senior Percolator (facilitator).
• Each participant will receive a certificate to post to your LinkedIn account upon completion of each module.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for WordPress Dressing, Season 3. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Become an Advanced WordPress Developer. Then, start your virtual learning by reviewing one video-based module at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 10 modules starting Sunday, February 9, 2020 and ending Saturday, April 18, 2020. Refer to the Introduction to WordPress -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, February 9 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain access to LinkedIn Learning. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you gain access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun. Then, let's start pressing words!