HTML5 Brunch, Season 13
Narrowing the skills gap, one module at a time.
This virtual self-study group will provide you with the foundational skills you need to begin mastering Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), a styling language (used in conjunction with HTML) that allows you to control the appearance of web pages. At the end of the course, you'll walk away with an actual project—an online résumé page.
LinkedIn Learning offers an 8-module, video-based course entitled "CSS Essential Training." Duration: 5 hours
Access to this training opportunity is available for FREE to Boston Public Library members. Residents of Massachusetts can obtain a Boston Public Library card for FREE. Non-Massachusetts residents should contact their local library or obtain a paid subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Gene Babon, Chief Percolator. Boston PHP Meetup's ability to offer these learning opportunities is dependent upon facilitators (Senior Percolators) stepping up to lead the Season and assist participants. A Senior Percolator is someone who is interested in the topic, participates in the group AND is willing to lead by helping others along the journey with periodic communications. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant gains access to a LinkedIn Learning account.
• Each participant commits to review one video-based module per week, complete any exercises and post progress updates as you complete each module.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each module. Each comment will receive a response from your Senior Percolator. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update from your Senior Percolator.
• Each participant will receive a certificate to post to your LinkedIn account upon completion of the course.
NOTE: There is NO classroom instruction. There are NO Zoom meetings. There are NO scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to LinkedIn Learning, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
- Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
- Sign up for HTML5 Brunch, Season 13. Simply RSVP: Yes
- Obtain access to "CSS Essential Training."
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 8 modules starting Sunday, April 25, 2021 and ending Saturday, June 19, 2021. Refer to the HTML5 Brunch, Season 13 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, April 25, 2021 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain access to LinkedIn Learning. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you gain access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your co-workers and techie friends to join in the fun. Then, let's do brunch (virtually, of course)!