What we're about
CTC Glasgow is the volunteer-lead member group of Cycling UK for the Greater Glasgow & Lanarkshire areas. We are primarily set up to offer friendly group cycling to Cycling UK members of all abilities within these areas. As well as offering group riding, we do our best to protect the interests of existing and would-be cyclists, and to inspire people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to discover the joys of cycling. As our historic name suggests(*) we are not a racing club and our rides are generally moderate-paced day rides, though we also run leisurely paced and faster rides on the basis of the needs of the membership. We also run occasional cycling weekends. (*Cycle Touring Club)
We also offer a welcome to non-Cycling UK members onto our rides on the understanding that after 3 rides with us, they must join Cycling UK should they wish to continue. This is for insurance reasons. Cycling UK, the national cycling charity, has championed the cause of cycling since 1878 and the benefits of joining are many including insurance, cycling advice, legal support, holiday opportunities and discounts. Membership is highly recommended. The website can be viewed here https://www.cyclinguk.org/.
As an independent, democratic organisation, CTC Glasgow reflects the commitment of our members, volunteers and partners to make cycling mainstream, making a lasting difference to the lives of individuals and communities.
Please visit our website at https://www.cyclinguk.org/local-groups/glasgow for details of rides and other news. In particular, please read our Riding Safely Guidelines https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/page/our-riding-safely-guidelines
* We generally prefer that people join our Meetup Group using their real name and a real photo. If we are not sure who you we may ask for clarification.
* Before joining us for a ride please note carefully of the following.
* Anyone with symptoms of cough, high temperature, breathlessness or loss of taste or smell must not join the ride
* Riders should be self-sufficient in the event of breakdown (breakdown tools & spares or phone to arrange pick-up)
* Please be prepared to bring along your own refreshments/food as café stops are likely not possible.