What we're about
We're a community for people who LOVE to dance. Find your inner rhythm & get in the flow.
We are a collective of people that have come together to share our love of ecstatic dance. The collective holds dance events that inspire a meditative quality of authenticity and community with genuine sharing of self through dance.
Ecstatic dance is an unstructured dance space which frees you to express your authentic self through dance and movement within a supportive, respectful community. Each dance event is unique; however, it follows a journey with a flowing beginning, into a more vigorous and intense middle, and ending in stillness. You can express playfulness, joy, passion, sadness, release, or whatever needs to be expressed in the dance…or just sweat your cares.
The dance is open to everyone! No partner or dancing ability required - only breath and soul.
1. No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk off-floor)
2. Drug-free, alcohol-free, smoke-free, kid-friendly environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Care/awareness for the space and each other
5. Move your body however you wish
6. You can dance alone or with a partner (check in with them first)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting/layered clothes that let you move
2. Plenty of water
3. An open, positive attitude
Schedule: Monthly dance event, generally on 2nd Fridays @ 7:30 pm (7 pm socializing/warm-up)
Place: Broadway Academy of Performing Arts, 706 N Broadway St, Knoxville, TN, 37917
Cost: Suggested donation of $10 per dance (cash only). Please note we are an all-volunteer labor of love which relies on your generosity to cover our expenses.
Thanks & we look forward to dancing with you!