What we're about
We use Design Thinking methods and Human-Centered research to collaboratively tackle problems facing underserved people and communities:
• Nurturing Human-Centered Design (HCD) in the DC area by offering hands-on opportunities to learn, practice, use, and teach HCD methods for developing stakeholder empathy and solving tough social problems.
• Activating the community to develop solutions for problems facing typically disenfranchised groups and to connect, collaborate, and share lessons learned.
• Developing partnerships with local businesses, government, and nonprofits to advance HCD, social entrepreneurship, and promote social justice.
Who We Serve
• Local stakeholders in community projects
• DC Metro area community
• Partner organizations (Startup Weekend DC, National Day of Civic Hacking, Impact Hub DC)
• Sponsor organizations (General Assembly, WeWork & Breather)