Welcome to Design Systems Community Chapter (DSCC) Berlin
Design Systems Community helps bring people together to share ways of working, successes, and other learnings to encourage best practices in building, scaling and maintaining design systems. No matter how you engage with design systems, we all play a role in making information accessible for everyone, and without barriers.
• Accessibility; always evangelizing accessibility opportunities in experience development
• Diversity & Inclusivity; setting examples, providing opportunities, and protecting marginalized groups by upholding strong conduct
• Community and sharing; share examples, learnings, tools, and techniques with the community, and avoid biases
• Customers focus; remembering the people we're building for, and working towards simple and respectful access to information
• Collaborative working; prioritize teamwork, be relatable to teams of all sizes, and appeal to multiple levels of experience
• Bridging content, design and code; encourage open and continuous dialogue between all disciplines as we build experiences
• Fun; most importantly we want all our members to have fun!
Who should join? Designers, Developers, Product Managers, Content Practitioners, Analysts, and all Enthusiasts.
It's time for another Design Systems Community Meetup of the Berlin Chapter! We are excited to run an amazing GitHub-flavoured event this time.
SYSTEM FOR HUMANS - PRACTICES TO ENCOURAGE ADOPTION, COLLABORATION, AND CONTRIBUTION Ash Guillaume, Systems Designer at GitHub
"Design systems go beyond component libraries and guidelines, they also include the team that utilizes the system resources on a daily basis. I want to share how my team and I have created a collaborative and safe environment for designers to work smarter and be happier when using our design system."
-- WE SHOULD BE REPLACEABLE: HOW WE CAN BUILD TIMELESS DESING SYSTEM Au, Senior Systems Designer at GitHub
Using principles of systems theory, design principles and design culture best practices I want to demonstrate that great design systems can be timeless. That they can scale and take on any challenges the future may hold. This is a talk about design culture and soft skill but with a focus on practical examples of how that translates into design decisions and methods.
The meetup is remote and hosted by the Design System Community Chapter Berlin!
About Design Systems Community Design Systems Community helps bring people together to share ways of working, successes, and other learnings to encourage best practices in building, scaling, and maintaining design systems. No matter how you engage with design systems, we all play a role in making information accessible for everyone, and without barriers.
How can I contribute? Interested to host, sponsor, or speak at our meetups, email us [masked]