What we're about
We are a group of developers, enthusiasts and users interested in the technical aspect of different geo technologies. This group is meant to be an open, friendly, technical forum where you can find answers to your geospatial questions or learn more about Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
A cool geo-project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUU5xSeSaHo&NR=1
If you ever had "traditional" questions like/about:
- What is the best way of storing the locations for my mobile app?
- How do I get the altitude from this lat/lon?
- How can I access my maps offline?
- What is the best way to integrate to my enterprise ESRI-based GIS?
- How do I create my own web enabled map tiles?
- How geocoding/reverse geocoding works or what apis to use to accomplish this
- Writing a location-enabled iOS/Android apps
- Wondering about Google Maps, Google Earth, Bing Maps, MapQuest, etc
- Open Source geo-options
- Traditional geo-options (Oracle Spatial, MSSQL Spatial, ESRI's ArcGIS, etc)
- Spatially-enabled backends
- Mapping technologies
- New libraries/datasets/apis in the geo-space, etc
Or if your interests include less traditional questions related to:
- Building a geo-aware augmented reality app
- Cool things you can do with OpenStreetMap
- Building hardware sensors to capture/process geodata
- OpenCV geo experiments
- How to build a realtime tracking application
- Anything else related to geo!
then this group may be the right place for you :)
Although we expect the content to be a little bit heavy sometimes, everyone is welcomed!
The plan is to meet at a location every few months, do a few presentations and then head to a bar near our location for geo-beer (or whatever else) chit chat. I've found this is a great formula for a successful group.
GeoMeetup Discussion/Announcement/Google Group: (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!pendingmember/geomeetup/apply)
Hope to see you soon