RSVP now (http://www.meetup.com/hacks-hackers-nyc/events/233272604/) to save yourself a seat at Demo Day 8 ($10, payable in advance)*
What is Demo Day? Presenters get 5 minutes to present a journalism-oriented project, and 5 minutes to answer questions from the audience. It's a fast-paced, fun evening, and we hope you'll be a part of it.
The Demo Day 8 lightning talks will include:
• The GuardianMobile Innovation Lab's approach to Web Notifications, by Alastair Coote, Connor Jennings, Sasha Koren, Sarah Schmalbach and Madeline Welsh
• Carto's open source tool for finding the context needed to tell stories with your data, by Andy Eschbacher, Andrew Hill, John Krauss and Stuart Lynn
• Bloom's geolocation platform (https://www.bloom.li/discovery/plugins/embed/bloom) for local news publishers, by Stephen Jefferson, Matthew Jefferson and C. Zawadi Morris
• Klaxon, an open-source tool for monitoring newsworthy changes, by Tom Meagher, Andy Rossback and Ivar Vong
• Ask, a form/gallery to collect, manage, and display user-generated contributions from The Coral Project (https://coralproject.net), by Greg Barber, Andrew Losowky, Jeff Nelson and the Coral Project team.
• Rio 2016 Table Builder, or how The New York Times Interactive News desk took a new approach to getting Olympics data onto their site, by Scott Blumenthal, Sam Jacoby, Jeff Sisson and Michael Strickland.
Refund policy: Cancel at least 24 hours before the event to receive a full refund. We cannot issue refunds after that.
6:30 p.m.: Doors, dinner + socializing
~7:00 p.m.: Demos/lightning talks begin
~8:15 p.m.: Hiring announcements, networking and socializing
A big thanks to Stack Overflow (http://stackoverflow.com/) for hosting Demo Day 8!
Want to host a Hacks/Hackers NYC event? Email us at nyc[at]hackshackers[dot]com.
Read more about our previous Demo Days:
• Demo Day 7 (http://www.meetup.com/hacks-hackers-nyc/events/224032139/)
• Demo Day 6 (http://www.meetup.com/hacks-hackers-nyc/events/168076672/)
• Demo Day 5 (http://www.meetup.com/hacks-hackers-nyc/events/122016242/)
• Demo Day 4 (http://www.meetup.com/hacks-hackers-nyc/events/56643802/?trax_also_in_algorithm2=original&eventId=56643802&traxDebug_also_in_algorithm2_picked=original&action=detail&traxDebug_also_in_algorithm2_cookied=original)
• Demo Day 3 (http://hackshackers.com/blog/2011/10/15/hackshackers-demo-day-3-recap/)
• Demo Day 2 (http://hackshackers.com/blog/2011/04/07/maps-mobile-security-touch-free-browsing-and-more-at-hackshackers-nyc-demo-day-2/)
• Demo Day 1 (http://hackshackers.com/blog/2010/12/08/recap-of-hackshackers-nyc-demo-day/)