What we’re about
Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.<br><br>This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.<br><br>Typical startup event topics include:<br>• Coming up with a strong startup idea<br>• Startup legal basics<br>• How to pitch your startup<br>• Starting a company without quitting your day job<br>• How to raise funding for your startup<br>• And much more!<br><br>Join the group to be invited to our next event!
Upcoming events (3)See all
- Pitch Lounge: Get Feedback on Your 1-Minute Pitch Idea from Startup ExpertsLink visible for attendees
To launch a great startup, it is critical to get feedback on your ideas from entrepreneurs who have been there and done that. This interactive event will first discuss best practices for creating a concise and compelling elevator pitch. Then, you can share your pitch with other entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors at virtual tables to get instant feedback. We recommend you jump on as many tables as you can and speak with various mentors. Even if you don't want to share your pitch, you can still join to hear other startup ideas and witness how the experts review a pitch.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- How to give a concise yet compelling elevator pitch
- What investors are looking for in a startup pitch
- Specific advice and feedback on your pitch and startup ideas
Speakers and mentors will be added soon.
❯ To get the most out of this Pitch for Feedback event:
- Come ready for live video networking
- Prepare by starting with your one-sentence pitch. See how it's done using our Madlibs format.
- Fill out our Elevator Pitch Worksheet.
To access all of the networking features of this event, please join using Chrome or Firefox from a desktop or tablet, or download the Airmeet Mobile App.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17052 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Ask an Investor Anything: Q&A with a Venture CapitalistLink visible for attendees
Join us for a unique opportunity to connect with early-stage startup investors and ask the questions that matter to you. In this Q&A session, you will have the chance to engage in an open discussion with a panel of investors who have a wealth of experience in working with early-stage startups. Find out how you can maximize your chances of raising funding and get actionable tips for presenting your business to investors in the most favorable way.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- What are the current early-stage investment trends
- What investors look for and how to prepare your startup for fundraising
- How to communicate with investors efficiently and what type of information to provide them with
❯ Stay tuned for forthcoming speaker details. This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17053 to receive the Zoom URL.
- How Do You Find Product-Market Fit for Your StartupLink visible for attendees
Building a high-quality product doesn't guarantee that people would want it. You will have to align your business idea with the market needs. Join our live webinar where FI mentor and founder of Crowdinker, Aram Melkoumov, will teach you the steps to discover a perfect product-market fit for your startup. This event is interactive, allowing you to not only benefit from proven methodologies but also ask your questions to our speaker and connect with other founders with similar experiences.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- How to formulate strong hypotheses
- How to analyze the demands of your market
- How to run experiments and refine your offering
❯ Featured Expert:
- Aram Melkoumov - CEO and Co-Founder at Crowdinker: Aram is the CEO and Co-Founder of a Toronto-based product consultancy that produces world-class design, development, and strategy for mobile, web, and other emerging technologies. With his passion for innovation and digital transformation potential across industries, Aram leverages a unique perspective to support and guide companies through their next product opportunities. He is also a mentor at Founder Institute.
❯❯ This live, interactive online event promises valuable insights. Ensure your participation by RSVPing at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17089 to receive the Zoom URL.